Can we start over

Hi, It’s been awhile.

If you know me, you may know I left byte because of some stuff that happened with some individuals and myself unfortunately. If you’ve been on byte for the amount of time that I personally have been on this app, then we most likely fell into this community of “byters” who sort of instantaneously became friends and/or acquaintances. Like all friend groups, some fall out, others strive. For awhile it felt like I was striving with the people I had come to get to know on this app. We had built something special and if you’re here after the influx of users from the first two “waves” then I’m sorry but you just don’t get what I’m talking about specifically here, and that’s okay. In any community, opinions will be formed. Conversations will take place, and of course, not everyone will agree. I feel like this is where things got - messy.
I’m a very outgoing person and I wear my heart on my sleeve; I’m emotional, I’m aware. I’m very adamant on saying how I feel about things I’m passionate about - and sometimes the way I say things or go about things, can be very direct. I don’t think I’m condescending or malicious in any way I approach others because I know what hitting below the belt is and I refuse do do such things. However, like I said, I do stand for what I believe in and that sometimes doesn’t always come across in a nice tone. For that all I can say is I take full accountability because my actions are my own and ultimately, I apologize. But let me be clear when I say the words I’m sorry: I apologize for taking certain situations a little more personally when I should’ve realized I was on a public forums for a public app. What I can’t be sorry for though, is standing up against what felt was very demeaning and almost belittling or shunning behavior displayed here(in my opinion). I can’t be sorry for feeling like there was some sort of ‘tier’ system here in the forums that made others’ matters more important than some. Or the fact that the forums can (at times) be a horrible place at the hands of the mods who ultimately control these discussion threads(again- my opinion). Some of these things ultimately affected my time here; My relationships built with some really awesome people flushed down the drain and for what? Different opinions on an app we Didn’t even run?
Im disappointed in myself for allowing myself to think that disagreeing with people meant disliking them or vice versa. It never had to be like that.
Want to know why? Because byte is still where it was before we started this. No I don’t mean the way the app looks. I’m talking retention rate and this idea of “when tik toks banned byte will make it” excuse my language but fuck tik tok. I see the conversations. Many stay waiting for the next “wave”. I’ll conclude my thoughts here.
With all that being said, I guess what I really wanted to say was that to the people I met on this app and on forums: I’m sorry I let an app come between us. Can we start over? I’m asking for me personally because I genuinely miss some of y’all like crazy and I don’t have to name names because it’ be like that. If you know, you know.

-Rommie

22 Likes

:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Welcome back! :crown:

2 Likes

hey girlie welcome back

2 Likes

I’m here if you want to talk, as always!

2 Likes

glad to see you again! U can always talk to me anytime or us u like to hang with lol. We rlly miss u rn too! lol

2 Likes

Yay you’re back :relieved:

3 Likes

ik we missed him!!

2 Likes

I don’t care

Love ya, welcome back! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m definitely open to chatting if you need someone to talk to (and I know I may sound like I’m just copying others but I really mean it :heart:)

1 Like