Can we calm down now?

Holy dumpster fire.

Why is everything a fight right now?
I’ll solve all the issues…ready?

You don’t have to like the millennials or older gen z (who apparently are also millennials now?) …but we aren’t leaving. You don’t have to either…we want you here…idk how many times we gotta say that.

What we don’t want is the actual harassment and bullying you keep excusing and dismissing with “lolol it’s a joke…you just don’t know how to take a joke insert a string of unrelated emojis here

That’s uncalled for.
Stop trying to make it seem like everyone here is invalidating your struggles or traumas or whatever…we aren’t. We take mental health pretty seriously here, we take care of our community.

Abuse is not a coping mechanism.
Let me say it again: ABUSE IS NOT A COPING MECHANISM

I grew up in an extremely abusive environment… that does not give me the right or excuse to treat others poorly, harass people, make them feel small or inferior, or tell them to kill themselves .

Not okay. Not a coping mechanism. Not funny.
Period.

So… welcome to byte. please just integrate yourselves into the community instead of making it toxic to those of us who were here already.
I think you’ll find this place much more accepting and supportive than where you came from if you just stop beating us with the shit and let us embrace you the way we do everyone else .

31 Likes

26 Likes

yesssssssss so much yessssssssss thank you

4 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Literally to all of this, you couldn’t figure out how much I wanted to tell everyone this, but thank you-
giphy

5 Likes

I’m not seeing any of those types of comments on my videos anymore today, not sure what changed, but something did.

7 Likes

It was a trend and it died.

9 Likes

Someone defended me in a comment and I’m truly shook

4 Likes

Did you make a tutorial on how to comment respectfully or not at all? That might of done it. If you haven’t made that one yet, I think it would be valuable.

4 Likes

Same, I had 3 people actually defend me and I was shocked

5 Likes

@TomWho please do that look at the other comment 2 above mine :heart::heart:

2 Likes

not responding at all has helped me. if you don’t feed into it, they seem to leave you alone. but i’m only speaking from my experience.

4 Likes

I haven’t been receiving any hateful comments personally. But I have been speaking out against that kind of behavior since people have been experiencing it and reporting it. Leaving it alone is an option and yes they may move on, but when they move on they are just going to go to another person and do it again. I think better than just ignoring the behavior, is to condone it and report it so that they stop completely.

6 Likes

Has anyone noticed a sudden halt as well? For two days I was getting literally 10-15 notifications a min. All of a sudden around 8pm last night I stopped getting anything, even less than before alt-tiktok came over. My loop count has been the same for 14 hours which seems really odd.

(Don’t get me wrong I’m glad the hate has stopped it just seems sudden and extreme)

1 Like

It’s probably cuz you’re not on their your mix page anymore

1 Like

I think it’s because the “your mix” section and top bytes are now mostly the tiktok lot. They’re not seeing our content as much, when they first joined it wouldve been all they saw.

The funny thing is though that you don’t see the comments we were bombarded with on any of those bytes. So seems to me its not just jokes and sarcasm as they’re quite capable of not leaving a no❤️ or whatever on the altbytes

5 Likes

of course

I just came back here after a week or so, what happened?

Yea. I noticed too.
Idk what happened. I thought maybe they all ditched. Guess not. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Idk. I’m okay with it tho :joy:

1 Like

I’ve been mostly ignoring them, not unlike celebrities on social media that undoubtedly tune out of their notifications full of people talking amongst themselves. Whenever I noticed really nice comments though I replied to those people to encourage them that this was a safe place and let them know I saw them. As everyone else has said here though, I think we aren’t in their mix feeds as much anymore. It seems like two separate worlds are forming, which will probably then split into more with some intermingling involved here and there. I remember Vine having factions as well. Part of having a bigger community I guess, although hopefully we all get along.

7 Likes