Okay, so I have been trying to work on fixing my autofocusing for bytes. So for some reason every time I need to autofocus on myself or the background for a video I have to press the shutter button every time. I mean if I was filming a sitdown video this is fine but when filming a one-shot this can run into issues. Can someone let me know how I can enable true autofocus so I won’t have to hit the shutter button?
I have a rebel T5i. The autofocus is not the best out there. One way to get it to focus is to use the touch screen. This is what I do.
- Get close to your camera (close enough that you can touch your screen that’s facing forward)
- Touch your face. This will make the camera focus to your face.
- Move back slowly and watch the camera adjust focus accordingly.
- Try not to make any sudden movements or you’ll lose focus.
Option 2 - Do not use autofocus.
- Use manual focus to focus on the distance you want to shoot.
- Try replacing yourself with another object that you can focus on.
- Once focused, leave it there. It’ll never change focus again.
- Try to shoot only in that distance.