Byte URI Sharing

Don’t know if this has been discussed but would it be possible to incorporate byte URI’s in the copy link function? So when I click on a byte shared on twitter it’ll automatically open in the app.

9 Likes

I thought that was already how it worked?
Confusion has commenced

Maybe it doesn’t work for beta testers that have the app downloaded from TestFlight

1 Like

Okay I see. Is there any other case where links on Twitter open another app? This might be a restriction of Twitter

Hey there!

I’m a game developer, and I’d love documentation on Byte App’s uri/possible for the uri to have these features.

I’d love for someone to be able to make something in my game, hit “Share on Byte” and then I pass Byte through the uri:

• The video file
  • The suggested sound id (so that folks can pick their own sound, but so that also we could suggest music from the game)
  • The suggested channel (so that folks can pick their own channel, but so that we can also suggest the correct channel to post in)
2 Likes

Ooo!! Could there be a “share on Byte” button for the clips you make on Twitch? Nobody’s called dibs on that.

1 Like

Yeah, so it looks like Twitch Extensions might be the way for you to make that once you learn how Byte formats their uri!

1 Like