Byte Translate Center

Okay, I think this is not necessary now, after all, the first wave of beta testers has not yet come out, but I think it’s something that can be taken in consideration as soon as the second wave of beta testers comes out.
My suggestionis that there is a community translation (with the help of forum members and Byte users) just like on Twitter, that we can help translate the app, this can save time and money.
I could observe in a music app that I use that they use a platform called OneSky, this platform is for developers to translate their apps and games, I’m not sure exactly how it works (probably it’s paid) but there’s a possibility the developerinvite you to help translate the app (this way the developer does not need to pay a translator, right?)

IMG_20190212_181631

IMG_20190212_181606

Well, as i said earlier i do not think this is necessary right now, but it would be interesting Byte to be translated (at least to some of the most spoken languages ​​in the world) at its launch, and that we can help, you can comment what you think :slight_smile:

12 Likes

with twitter and other platforms where content is in text form I can see how this would be useful, but translating videos is only something that really works with subtitles.

5 Likes

yes, my idea is not to translate the videos, just translate the app

8 Likes

Interesting idea #ByteFam

2 Likes

Still remember when Twitter had the translation website. I know translate in Facebook and I think this would be a great addition to Byte as well!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I was thinking about this yesterday. And I think it’s really important that the app is translated in time for the public release (assuming it will be a global launch). I was part of Twitter and WhatsApp’s translator team for brazilian portuguese.

2 Likes

cheio de br aqui

2 Likes

This is a good idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m French and ready to contribute by translating this app in French !

“Developers”, you just have to contact me if needed ! :wink:

3 Likes

I would totally be down to help translate in spanish for spain and latin america. I imagine as soon as you open the app this is what you see:
op1smal

3 Likes

This idea is one of my favorites as we do have a quite diverse community and people sometimes perfer to speak their own language instead of going through the trouble of reading things in a different one.

5 Likes

Honestly if the app could translate the video with at least subtitles that’d be great

3 Likes

I can help you with translation to russian but tbh I don’t think that you want Russians in your social media
My suggestion: DON’T YOU EVER TRANSLATE TO RUSSIAN CUZ PEOPLE IN HERE ARE hmmmm not really adequate
last.fm got a lot of problems when they added russian to their languages so pls just don’t
Like they got a lot of russian trolls that would mess up world’s trending tracks, overload all servers n shit
I mean some of them r quite nice
But they can use English version :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

maybe in ukraine language?

2 Likes

@DenisKurovec nice one

do you really think that there is a big difference between russians and ukrainians?

if you would make ONLY ukrainian subtitles russians will complain a lot and eventually, this will lead to app ban in russia (lol they literally can ban any shit for no reason, thx to roskomnadzors’ policy)

1 Like

between Ukraine and Russia the difference is enormous Ukraine is Europe

1 Like

Lol not really
I mean you still get a lot of trolls n shit in Ukraine

1 Like

ok REMEMBER ok

How about both Ukrainian And Russian, why yall gotta be toxic ffs. Literary saying that one is lesser than the other. Why not do both? Jeez

So. The app has very few words. And if they are translated it would help some people use the app. Okay. What do you expect them to do? If they can’t understand those few words, then how will they comprehend spoken stuff? What will the Popular feed look like?

I assume there is way more work to be done than just translating the current UI. People should have the option to select what language is spoken in their content, and there should be subcategories for those videos. Loads and loads of work here.

Just don’t limit the reach my content can have to only my region, like TikTok does, it’s bad.

1 Like