Byte Team Applications

Teams will be in the Byte app at some point, but not in the first release of the app.

I assume that you’ll be able to invite people to join a team, much like you could invite them to join a message group etc, however what about if you were able to apply to join a team?

Byte%20Team%20Invites
Obviously this could be enabled or disabled by an admin or leader of the team, not sure what the title will be, but I guess there has to be one person with at least admin permissions to kick people from the team, presumably the person who created the group.

Teams could set a requirement for applications, maybe that the users applying need at least 10,000 followers, and need to post at least once a day. It could also be enabled or disabled whether applicants can send a couple of their bytes as a sample of what type of content they make.

Maybe teams could set a deadline of say 2 weeks, and accept applications for that time, and if they don’t find people they’re looking for they can then edit the requirements!

Allowing users to apply to teams would mean that they don’t need to use other platforms to find people to make a team with, and could form a team with people purely based on having similar types of content, or just similar goals!

Let me know your thoughts if you have any, or any feedback/suggestions around this feature!

21 Likes

what if there were suggested team members based off the same people liking your bytes

14 Likes

What Kylie said

6 Likes

what about team ranks? like elite if the average follower count is 1mill+

7 Likes

For the team as a whole? Like a team total loop/follower count?

6 Likes

average, not total. so people cant make 1000+ member teams and have the top rank. it would be a cool way to not have team limits but still incentivise people to have small teams.

6 Likes

Think they plan on team member limits, but I do like the idea of there being reasons to not have huge teams

6 Likes

oooohhhhh it would be cool to have a team follower count of everyones followers added up but its only the unique followers. you could see how much overlap your audiences had.

7 Likes

overlapping audiences would be really cool, and should maybe be included in some way as to how team members are suggested, if that would ever be a thing

Only showing unique followers would be very very cool :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Out of ALL of the names… ALL OF THEM… You chose ‘Team Awesome’? You really are an epic gamer girl.

6 Likes

What would you rather I chose? Team Lame?

2 Likes

That sounds a lot better. Because it fits your personality jk x :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Hmmmmmm :thinking:the logistics of starting and maintaining a team never occured to me.
But I like this proposal. My only concern would be “team limits”. How many teams are each admin allowed to start? How many teams are you allowed to be apart of?

7 Likes

Think that you should only be allowed to be in one team, personally!

6 Likes

So are we like Team 15 idk how many of us there are and I’m too lazy to count

9 Likes

14 heheheh

5 Likes

questIon, so if I make a byte video, do I have to post it on the team page we’re in?

5 Likes

People in the beta should be part of teams as well there are some of us that may never get to 10000 fans.

4 Likes

Really cool, Dan! :sunglasses: I also suggest having various places available to choose from to the administrators of any team for their applications to be filled on, rather than just one:

• Designated website by an administrator (i.e. customized Google Forms subpage) [the approval of certain websites by the byte team is highly recommended in order to avoid the spread of malware]
  • Automatic, temporary URL as a subpage of the byte website
  • On the byte app:
    • In the case that the application is based solely on account stats, there could be an easy 2 to 3-step short, tapping process implemented on the app to do so (preferably using a button to apply and a pop-up to confirm.)
    • In the case that the application is based off of stats and the answers from other creators to one/various question(s) or just the answers to the question(s), a form creation page and a form display page could be implemented on the app.
5 Likes

Forum team? :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes