Byte street pass / hotspot interaction with nearby creators

So I was thinking lately playing the Nintendo 3ds Nintendo has a successful way to interact with walking bye or nearby, devices called a street pass. They also had a service called Nintendo zone where you could get cool prizes and things in certain locations/tourism areas like what Pokemon go does with Pokestops now. So I am gonna break my proposal into two parts…

So I think if byte had a StreetPass like a feature where you could interact with nearby creators in the way street pass did it. It would be a real big hit. You can even do cool things with stars this way or even collabs/split-screen bytes! The only problem with this would be data collection and creeps doing bad things with it but StreetPass doesn’t collect your data nor does it give away the location or allow people to access your location only when you go nearby someone like NFC in a way.

A Spot pass kind of feature could be where people experience new content early or get more stars and can participate in events like pokemon go does. This could only be helpful for those looking to get more stars or those participating in community events and I could even see a feature like this benefiting spotlight and the limited time events category too.

So that’s my take I would really like to see something similar or close to these two features as it would get creators out and active and more together when this whole virus thing is over. Obviously these features wouldn’t work in a time like now but I hope it is something to keep in mind for after!

5 Likes

That’s honestly a great idea

2 Likes

I like :wink: 2030 mindset

1 Like

Oooo creative! Wouldn’t work right now when we’re stuck at home :joy:

2 Likes

Great idea. Would be fun to meet up with fellow Byters.

On another note, this would also help with contact tracing…lol :joy:

1 Like

yeah thats what I was thinking of as well!

Yeah definitely not right now. But something to think of after its all over though!

Hey… That actually sounds like an amazing feature! THAT could be the thing that helps Byte distinguish itself from all the other social media sites (aside from having the exact same format as Vine). Like Streetpass, we should have the ability to disable this so that we don’t open our Streetpass/Bytepass to over 50 people. Maybe it shouldn’t even just be a list of people that you passed by, it should actually be a section that selects a random Byte from each person you passed by and puts it into that section (maybe with a little pop down list of who you passed, too). It could actually be a really nice feature, as long as it’s fully fleshed out.

1 Like