Byte Stories?

Ok this might have been posted before or you might think it’s a terrible idea but hear me out. I love sh*tposting on Byte in the 6 second looping format but I don’t necessarily want it to be on my page where I post better content.

Implement stories to profiles that loop for 6 seconds until you tap out of it or tap to the next one and delete after 24 hours. Would be a good place for people to post lighthearted and less quality content and still have fun. Different to snapchat and Instagram because they loop and are only 6 seconds and also different to the rest of Byte because it disappears.

2 Likes

Right now the team is trying to make sure things like this doesn’t happen before they introduce things like stories or DMS etc. If they can’t then they probably won’t you can also find other thread about this on the forum where he’s gone into more detail about this as well.

2 Likes

For sure. Just an idea for the future. This is the idea and requests thread, after all.

2 Likes

True but the forum team and forum users really do not favor people posting more about something that has been previously answered before. Also again like I said before and the byte team has mentioned this before if they can’t find a way to stop harassment in these features it won’t happen and I know dom himself is not to keen to stories because I was in the discord chat when he mentioned it.

1 Like

I don’t like stories, this was proposed a couple of months or weeks ago by a byte creator.

So, please don’t add stories. If so make it 6 sec.

4 Likes

You could make a finsta-like account where you shitpost and dump less quality stuff. I’ve seen a few people do that or have more than 1 account for different kinds of content basically. Then people could feel free to follow the finsta if they want more of the random shitposting, etc and it wouldn’t effect the quality of your current account.

2 Likes

I like ur thoughts - if it adds more time spent on the app, the better :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

What a great point Tupac doesn’t like stories so do not add them!!

3 Likes

Reserve psychology. :+1:t4:

1 Like

It’s like, every platform has stories. Why would Byte need them? I think part of the appeal of Byte is that there’s a lot of limitations to the platform and those limitations breeds creativity.

If you got a product, just sell your product. If you got a pizza place, your salads are going to be awful. If you got a 6-sec video platform let people make 6-second videos.

3 Likes

Great point, Twitter doesn’t even have stories and it’s great the way it is. :triumph:

2 Likes

YouTube does and the behind-the-hood people keep trying to push it and it’s like…why would I want to watch worse videos? I’m here for anime edits and bowling videos from 1984.

4 Likes

If you can make the stories longer than 6 seconds (which most stories can be), then what’s the point of making 6 second videos? If you want to share a picture with a caption, there are easy ways to do it nowadays.

2 Likes

i’m quite certain someone mentioned about posting bytes to different groups of followers before (but can’t find it!). if and when this option is available, it might help. well, sounds like facebook.

i don’t check friends’ stories. i might have seen not over 10 stories on all social media so far. my main social media is twitter, so that’s probably why.