Byte Scams

I was on Reddit and came across a post where someone is selling usernames from profiles that were on vine.

8 Likes

I’m not surprised, this has been going on for a while.

5 Likes

Gross

1 Like

Why does this remind me of the time I got scammed out of all my Neopoints when I was 9 :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

You know, I actually still unironically play NeoPets from time to time. It’s what kept me sane for a majority of this one spring semester a year or so ago during Biochem D:. I even met a friend on there! We sent NeoMail to each other daily. She was some 34 year old woman who lived in New York, lmao. @wumbologyexpert

3 Likes

I also still unironically play Neopets! When I just need a break from school and don’t wanna talk to people, I’ll spend like 4-5 hours playing Shenkuu Warrior hehe. I miss Key Quest, though…

3 Likes

@cark - i know you’re an admin on the byte reddit, anything you can do about this?

3 Likes

Hadn’t seen this, I can look but it might be on an old account.

3 Likes

@wumbologyexpert OMG BE MY NEOFRIEND AHHHH hot dog hero, Kass Basher, Wheel of Excitement, and like a BUNCH of others, all day every day. I’ve been totally into dubloon collecting lately. What’s your NP net worth, roughly? O:

4 Likes

<3 Yeah we can be Neofriends. At my max, I had 26 mil like 3-4 years ago. I bought a lot of Hidden Tower stuff for my cousins when they discovered Neopets, and I wanted them to get hooked on it, so I just bought Darigan paintbrushes and what not haha. Now I’m at a measly 1.5milli :frowning:

I’ve been into collecting the maps and codestones!!

3 Likes

seriously I complained this few times about this issue and I don’t see any response.

3 Likes

This is interesting and unfair (if this is true)

Create a forum an actual (cc. @DennisWideman) for it to be seen and to bring awareness, also attach proof.

2 Likes

ive removed his reply, since i’ve helped him in a previous topic (that i created for him)

always remember, though (everyone) try not to make negative claims of profiles, or accounts publicly on the forum. Directly message these claims to dom, or cami_p through Private Message here on the forum

3 Likes

Can we send a list of these accounts to dom privately

1 Like

yes; any claims you have of byte accounts please direct message them to dom, or cami_p. @cami_p’s account is public which should make it easier for messaging (they are the community liaison)

People KEEP commenting on my bytes telling others to go follow their page and whatnot. Would we address this? Maybe comment moderation where I can disable a few words like follow and page :joy::joy: they comment AS SOON AS I POST