Byte’s notification sound

With byte on the way, it has no notification sound yet… YET. And this is just a thought but…

I would love a sound effect where the sound would be looping for a few seconds. Kind of like a police siren but something a lot more different like that. Like camera shutter sound looping maybe. (Dev’s, if you do have a sound in mind, I would love to hear an example if you’ve been working on any)(@dom)

Thanks for listening!

-Nathan J

26 Likes

Yeah good idea :bulb: bro , I approve of this !! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hey yes, I like that idea.

7 Likes

@Cynthia make a pop noise :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’d try and show an actual example in editing but… it’s late :joy:

5 Likes

changed from general discussion to #idea!

4 Likes

Interesting!

5 Likes

it should go like boop bahp boop

6 Likes

For some reason, I’ve always loved the clunky sounds (especially with a little haptic feedback) but I feel like this should have portion of that sound, not the full KLUNK. If that makes any sense.

A whirring would be a nice “looping effect” to add, like it was reloading or something.

6 Likes

shiny ding sound effect plays

4 Likes

I mean the notification icon is a lightining bolt, so maybe a sort of cute elecrtic/lightining strike sound would be fitting

4 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2: Umm… where did you get the lightning bolt from??? :joy:

3 Likes

mouth pop noises :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

That’s what I do :joy: :laughing:

3 Likes

How about the sound “Byte” but in many ways, the sound can be cute, horrifying, lovely, and douchy, etc…

6 Likes

Wait I just realised :thinking: why is the notification symbol a lightning bolt? :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Cause thats the notification icon. See?

5 Likes

Ohhhh for cwappy android users… ok :joy: I think that’s just a default icon for betas, I don’t use android so I wouldn’t know anyways

3 Likes

Lemon grab soundbyte

3 Likes

I was actually gonna write a new topic bringing up this but your post appeared lol

And yeah, i think it would be nice to start testing a default notifications sound for the app. It would be pretty cool if the sound could be UNIQUE just for Byte. And oh well i dont think that something looping for a few seconds would be a good idea. Notifications have to be short, like a “pop”. It´s a notification, not a call, so like a pop saying “byte” would be cool or some other short sound.

I don’t know if this notifications sounds concept is actually in mind of the creators, (propably it is lol) but yeah you know, for me and all people here, byte is something special and that is why a unique sound would be cool to get notifications :slight_smile:

8 Likes