Byte news!

24 Likes

Ayyyee. Proud of this!

4 Likes

Well, it has to start somewhere

1 Like

So proud!!! Insane how it’s grown :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woohoo! Exciting :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see where it goes in the next month or so

2 Likes

Ya I’m pretty stoked. From what I’m hearing this is kind of like an “open beta” period because it hasn’t been marketed a lot and they are using this time to work out bugs. Once they start to really push the app it’ll be interesting to see the traffic.

6 Likes

That’s mint!!

Lets gooooo! :tada: this is only the beginning

1 Like

That’s interesting and somewhat reassuring! I’ve been pushing my friends to download it but none of them have, probably because they haven’t heard of it and don’t know anyone using it.

1 Like

Everyone and the sister was using Vine 5 years ago. The nature of Vine/Byte is the viral videos. Nothing has ever really gone viral like vines. Once Bytes start to go viral and compilations appear on YT it will grow fast.

4 Likes

Let’s hit 10M next!

Anyone know where they are getting these numbers? Play store still says 100,000+ and I’d like to see them.

@BaileyOrdiway Probably a collective number between the App Store on iOS and the google Play Store. I’ve been keeping up with Byte news for the past few days and loving its small growth and reading every single article, numbers today hover around 1.3 million from what I’ve seen. These numbers are increasing, even if not in the U.S., and Byte has topped charts in places like Australia and stuff.

And, you’re totally right, too. We’re basically in an “Open Beta” period, nobody knows or really cares about it so far, but think about how Tik Tok blew up like a virus once people started seeing the logo appear everywhere as content was shared on other platforms. The awesome thing about entertainment platforms e.g. Byte (or how Vine blew up) is that the humor is UNIVERSAL and, as it is shared on places like YT, snap, Insta, and between friends, it’ll blow up. This isn’t the case with your average TikTok, because dancing in front of a camera with music isn’t universal in the slightest, all of the TikTok fame is really in-app or from other users.

1 Like

Yeah exactly no one I know has known about Byte until I told them. And it seems like there’s time rn where they’re trying out new features and other things.

It deserves it! I love this app like its the baby i’d never given birth to.
Now this comment is turning weird.
Congrats, Byte & Co. :tada:

1 Like