January is soon and I think its about time we list out the problems with byte when it releases, feel free to discuss solutions or suggest your own.
Creator: (Anything to do with content makers on the site)
E.g. Repetitive vines, Reuploads, Old V*ne content
The chances are you wont want to fall into this category, here are some tips to make sure you don’t:
- Keep a joke short and sweet, don’t just redo the vine with a little bit different, expand on it or leave it;
- Make original jokes, check this by checking some other bytes that come to your head when you look at your idea and make sure it is different;
- Don’t use stuff from v*ne.
Old v*ners coming back
E.g. Paul brothers, Lele pons, KILLER KEEMSTARRRRRRR
Sticking of the theme of old v*ne, the old may come back, here are some problems with this:
Note: im talking about the bad ones
- They could overshadow new and funnier creators (LOOKING AT YOU LELE);
- They bring over toxic fanbases that could be harmfull to bytes community;
- They might just use old v*ne content, leaving there not that more room for byte to grow.
The type of content
E.g. Offensive content, Publicity stunts / Pranks
These types of content will trick people and manipulate the system to get views, while not being aloud to set an origjnal thumbnail will help, it won’t fully fix this problem
Media: (Anything outside of byte)
Copies, replicas and fakes
E.g. The fake v2 app, facebooks version of tiktok
This happens with apps, we have seen it before…and experienced it. Sure when byte gets big nothing can stop it, but nothing will stop corporate entities from trying to take byte down.
Bad media attention
Big entities have to deal with this all the time, but they are big companies, not one guy. Dom could probably just ignore it…but youtubers can also send hate through videos…and that’s harder to deal with
Other: (Anything that isn’t all that)
Dom selling the app
Just like youtube, byte will need some sort of revenue for its creators…also like youtube, it will get pressure from them…not sure how to fix this, just look forward to another ad-pocalypse.
Thank you for reading this, please leave some comments or likes…oh wait…
Finally: Sell outs
Im betting that people will be willing to clog people comment box for followers or something like that, possible solution would be making a 2 comment system, two comments per person (not including replies).