Byte is super sluggish right now

Hi Dom, the app is super sluggish right now, taking a long time to load videos timelines and activity. I restarted the app, but, no difference.

8 Likes

This is probably because of the new influx of people leaving TikTok and moving over. I am assuming that Dom and the team will upgrade their servers to support all this new bandwidth but that could take a while… Lets hope its done soon enough. lol

8 Likes

The servers had no problem with the even larger influx on launch day, so, hopefully they’re checking things out right now, or maybe making adjustments to the servers causing the slow-down.

5 Likes

I experienced this and figured it was just because of the increased activity at once! As well as like the hashtags being kinda flooded! Byte has been active all day today! But the loading of pages has been happening to everyone.

3 Likes

Im guessing that they downgraded as the demand went down and this whole thing was unexpected… I dont think that they kept the same spec servers with AWS after the launch hype died down…

10 Likes

^^ that. working on it

14 Likes

literal hero :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

We love you

2 Likes

So proud of you dom. You somehow infiltrated tiktok and helped convince congress that the app is a security risk for the U.S. Just so byte can succeed for all of us. We love you❤️

2 Likes

Okay, it’s better now, thanks @dom! The kids are getting restless :joy:

5 Likes