Byte Creators Becoming Contract Employees (Thoughts?)

@sydknoxx

Hmm. I think this will be another barrier between content creators. This is app geared around giving people equal opportunity no matter the status level. I think just having a big enough audience will ensure that those content creators will make money/business with third party companies and collaborations with major labels. I don’t think we’ll need that extra barrier.

My Response:

The point of contracts is to create less of a barrier and to make clear rules of what to do and what not to do as content creators on this platform. Not to be subject to a vague terms of service and community guidelines, which only favors the platform itself. People come to these platforms for the content creators. I believe it’s only fair if large content creators get the same level of respect as the people who work in the office building doing the code, marketing, etc. All the other platforms have failed in cultivating real business relationships with their content creators and that’s something byte should do if it wants to be around in the long run. These are just my opinions though. Feel free to disagree or agree.

Not entirely sure what you’re getting at, but you’re practically saying what I’m saying. lol So I guess we both agree.

2 Likes

hm… I wouldn’t call it a level of success, I would call it a level of followers, and I don’t know what’s going to happen with the creator program, it has seemed to change overtime though…

1 Like

Only time will tell if it’s better than what youtube currently has. We’ll see

1 Like

One question, how will the creators be able to “monetize” Byte Videos? It’s only 6 seconds, and are they gonna put ads before and after the video like Youtube?

I am just curious, maybe there is a thread explaining this, so I apologize if I am being redundant here. I just want to know.

1 Like

Monetization:

Our plans are taking shape as we write. We can say that most of those plans include revenue share for creators, but it will have to evolve over time. We’ll need to start out by letting a small number of people in on an invite-only basis, and then grow from there. Until we have a better picture of how the service itself will unfold, we’ll have to take things slow and respond to how things go.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

Interesting, I guess only time will tell to see if it’s an improvement over how Youtube does things

1 Like