Byte Channels Organization Pitch

I had this Idea for organizing the Channels in the Explore Tab to make it less cluttered and easier to navigate. I made a 12-second Clip that shows a small demo since I couldn’t upload a video in here :stuck_out_tongue:

Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/gT39Hz__oek

11 Likes

I love it tbh

2 Likes

I like this idea, it sounds pretty awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

love it tello :purple_heart:

1 Like

the dedication :pleading_face: i love it

3 Likes

yes! You could have more channels in the future knowing how people are gonna want more channels for specific things etc. This would make it easier to go through instead of swiping all the way down! I also think they could maybe put certain channels in folders or something within certain skillsets later on? like channels that are similar etc.

2 Likes

this really needs to happen, really don’t like having to scroll all the way down to get to latest or the gaming category, overall 10/10

2 Likes

speaking of the gaming category I have started a twitter handle for us gamers :eyes: just gonna drop this here for you we post the daily trends and talk about games… and meme… thats it lol. https://twitter.com/ByteAppGaming

1 Like

wait how did you rip the channel icons, do you have a link to them

2 Likes

better someone gave me a folder which has a few of them in it. None of the new ones are there but I can send it to you if you want to use them for something.

1 Like

please do! :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Niceee​:heart::heart:

1 Like

Gotta represent my excitement lol
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yea and it’ll fell less forced because you wont have to scroll all the way down the explore page :smiley:

1 Like

Is this actually less cluttered? I love the effort and all but scrolling horizontally just seems so odd. Could they not just be in a 3x2 column and scroll vertically?

edit: most of the time when horizontal motions are included it’s for changing tabs, and given the nav bar, i think horizontal scrolling would be really confusing

4 Likes

you make a good point, I just thought it make it seem like a page and not like a list where every channel added makes you scroll lower, but maybe scrolling a 3x2 column vertically could seem more natural and easier :smiley:

1 Like