DISCLAIMER: I posted a long rant before, but realized it was too long, so I summarized it in this post. This is not my original idea. I am simply articulating on an existing idea.
Good morning @dom ! The app is amazing (Shout-outs to Nike for their sponsorship, this is truly a milestone for Byte to success), and I was pondering upon the idea of “Blast” a Byte that goes out to the creator’s followers and disappears after 24 hours.
I think this can be a REVOLUTIONARY Feature of Byte, if we can:
- Replace “Blast” with “For Your Consideration,” and have the Blast sent out to many creators, not just the followers.
- Have One (Possibly Two) Blast a Month, so people take it more seriously.
- No LIKES, COMMENTS, LOOP COUNTS, or REBYTES. Only Content Itself.
- No SPONSORSHIP or ADS through the Blast, if violated, the creator will face consequences.
- The only button that is available on Blasts is the “Report” button.
I think the Blast can help Byte stick to its philosophy “Creativity First,” and a Blast that can be celebrated by its content, not by its numbers, this is the goal.
What do you all think?