Byte beats creator not credited when sound used

Alright guy you got to stop. Even if the beats were subjectively bad you’re not considering CONTEXT. You’re thinking in 2d.

Beats were submitted by artists to create the feature before sounds. They were made and selected to fit the mood of whatever ambiance you wanted, which means there will be high energy and low energy and goofy one. They were created to be used as the only music adding feature on byte when it was only a 6.5 second looping app.

All the music has to be designed to fit in that box criteria and was executed to build the app up.

You passing judgement onto the byte beat feature using today’s standards and available options is like comparing antiquated technology with modern ones. That’s even an extreme thing to say because byte beats are still very versatile.

If you don’t like them, don’t use them, but you sound really bad and out of touch when you try to speak like an authority on the matter.

3 Likes

This is a bug, it’s been posted before by myself and others. Team is aware :+1:

Edit: android bug. Also relates to the bug where despite sound usage being turned off a byte can sometimes have it on after posting and not be able to edit it. I’m sure a fix is coming soon.

Default setting is allow others but it’s always off when I post. Sometimes randomly, and whenever I use a byte beat the sound is available. Can’t edit sound when it’s a beat.

3 Likes

My current work around (not great and obvious) is to take note of what beat you’ve used and credit in comments. The worst of it tbh is that you can’t edit the sound to turn use off. If you could at least do that…

3 Likes

Samsung S9 Android beta.

I tend to tag the creator in the byte

1 Like

It’s less about credit than it is about it looking like your own original sound that others can then use. You get paid to make byte beats I think but it’s not fair for “my sound” (their beat) to be used as my creative property.

2 Likes

On the subject of sounds if you use someone’s “original sound” does it wipe over the sound of the video whichever version you use ?

1 Like

Fun fact I guess but the audio is actually a reference to super Mario 64

2 Likes

It goes to China.

1 Like

I feel like being able to filter by genre would resolve this issue a bit: Byte beats suggestion

1 Like

Lol lets let the beat creators speak for themselves here. this was a swing and a miss.

Artists deserve credit. PERIODT.

3 Likes

Dom commented about it here. They’re working on it.

3 Likes

Blockquote

1 Like

ok nah. just because something was made for “fun” doesn’t mean it didn’t take hours or days of their time to do so. i think they deserve even more recognition because they seemingly did it for FREE. as someone who calls themselves a content creator i would think that you’d want other creators to be recognized for their work. i’m speaking here as an artist. if for example i upload a painting to instagram and someone intentionally reposts it as their own, i’m not going to be happy. it doesn’t matter why i made or posted it.

3 Likes

their credit is due

2 Likes

omg fixed my wording im done

1 Like

saying that “they’re finding a better way” has nothing to with saying “the beats creators don’t need credit atm” because they “volunteered.” you were simply wrong and that’s that. creators always deserve credit unless they explicitly say they don’t want to be recognized.

2 Likes

I enjoy finding my music in posts whether I’m credited or not, but I look forward to the update that credits the beatmakers as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Makes it easier to find some of my favorites from others as well, such as the one that sounds like an 80’s instructional video. Still looking for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for making music for us! You are appreciated and deserve all credit for your labors of love!

It’ll be nice when the byte beats are categorized in a neater way to make finding them easier. I have been browsing occasionally trying to find the proper creator of this particular one so I can credit them in the comments. No luck thus far.

1 Like

Thanks for using our music! I looked around and I’m pretty certain that one is “After Class” by IanCrumley.

1 Like

You are so correct! Thank you!

1 Like