Byte at VidCon

I’m following VidCon on Instagram, and recently I’ve been watching their highlights of VidCon London, which is going on right now. I’m seeing big social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and even TikTok have a presence there, and it makes me excited for when byte will be there.

I don’t expect it to happen anytime this year (it would be awesome if it did, but I’m not expecting anything), but I definitely hope to see it appear next year, whether it has an official presence or an unofficial presence. What I mean by unofficial is that a bunch of us byters meet up at VidCon, depending on the location (USA, London, Australia, Mexico) and just hang out and get to know each other. It doesn’t matter whether we’re featured creators, but I would love to meet all you guys and anybody who recognizes us. :blush:

I know that I definitely want to go to VidCon USA in June of 2021, and I’d be willing to organize a meetup if there’s enough people who want to go. (I also know that this is planning way ahead of time and circumstances may change, but with this thread I could see who would potentially want to go).

TL;DR, who wants to go to VidCon in 2021?

16 Likes

I’m sure a group of byters are heading there this year :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Vidcon is overrated :man_shrugging:t4:

Byte should form there own Meet & Greet :triumph:

11 Likes

Agreed, but we should do it when we get big enough :grin:

5 Likes

Speaking into existence, but I’m fine with that but will vidcon still be the same? Lit and doesn’t banned/invite certain big creators…

6 Likes

preach :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Yeah, I originally wanted to go this year but idk if it would work out, I’d want to go with a friend or two cause of safety in numbers

6 Likes

of course my friends and I are going and we’re meeting up with a few byters there so collab szn :pray:

7 Likes

I’d go

if I didn’t have to fly across the country to attend as a starving postgrad with peanut money in his pocket

10 Likes

Wait where are you from? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Literally on the other side of the U.S., lmao, I’m from GA D: @Pac

5 Likes

Maybe one day we will link up. :pleading_face::clap:t4:

5 Likes

I’m A BYTER!!

That wanted to go there…

3 Likes

If dom gets the apparel out in time I will go with a pretty bow on top and everything! No joke! Gotta do it for tha byte! :rofl:

2 Likes

Funny story how my daughter and I started making short form videos starting with TikTok and now Byte as well… she told me “Dad, let’s make TikTok video so we can get to be invited to go to VidCon in California and meet LankyBox” (that’s her favorite influencer)- so a year later, we are still making videos to fulfill her goals :blush: if it works out or not, we made a lots of fun videos together for memories. -Henry

5 Likes

Aw, that’s awesome! I just checked out your guys’s page and gave a follow cause you guys are so cute together! :blush:
I have a similar story/reason for going to VidCon: I want to meet Matthew Patrick of The Game Theorists and tell him that if I hadn’t been introduced to him by my best friend, I don’t think I’d ever get to this point of creating animated media and working to become an influencer. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I like ur content - are u on other platform (TikTok and YouTube) - if I were u, I would be on all 3 - TikTok got the masses, Byte got the early adopters edge, and YouTube got everything else video related :blush: good luck :+1:

1 Like

I’ve actually looked at TikTok, and when I started researching it, it made me nervous. People flipped out about Vero, but they are letting their kids get on TikTok?

1 Like

If byters are at vidcon, I will be at vidcon this year, fortunately it’s just a 3 hour drive for me so for those that are for sure going lmk we should start a vidcon group chat :smile:

and yes i’m bringing the flamethrower

4 Likes

Never used Vero - it depends what u want to get from posting- if it’s for fun, then it doesn’t matter where u post but if it’s to chase some goals, then u have to know ur plan and what platform serves u best to achieve those goals / byte has it place and could co-exist with other video social media platforms - if I didn’t believe that, I wouldn’t be on here :blush: