Byte As A Podcasting App

I feel like byte would work great as a short form funny app for amazon echo dot speakers. As podcasts get more popular I feel this is the way to go. What do you guys think?

1 Like

a podcast is a long thing which is based on audio. Byte is a place for short videos with visual humor so i don’t see what you mean

5 Likes

Sounds horrible :triumph:. No one would like to hear voices. Instead just search comedy on Spotify or Apple Music.

3 Likes

I was helping out a group of friends a while back and one of my suggestions was for them to eventually make video clips of podcast recordings to adding funny clips on byte as a promo thing when byte was newer. They didn’t jump on the idea at all but I could still see something like that working if byte accommodated a section for that.

With the generally younger audience on byte though, I don’t know if the supply or demand is here for that

4 Likes

This sounds like a completely different style of app that I think sounds pretty cool but is pretty far from the identity of byte. It sounds like Twitter for podcasts, micro-podcasting.
However I think Twitter is experimenting with audio tweets right now so…

Also, as someone who doesn’t use and fears Alexa, I’m not sure why that is bright up so often for byte

3 Likes

We’re heading into the audio era. I check the top 200 apps in the app almost daily if not weekly and I noticed how in amazon alexa one of the top apps for the app store is spotify for kids. Kids want to listen to audio only content as well. My intution is right on this

2 Likes

I’ll be right. See you in 2021

spotify app for kids and podcast for kids apps on the app store is trending. Kids want to listen to podcasts. Clicked on an online ad for my video editor and there was a live streaming app/chatroom where you only communicate thru audio and no video

Because the app market is saturaed right now and alexa skills are the new app store. Over 200 million alexa echo dot speakers sold and amazon alexa app is regulary the top 200 apps in the app store. Once a platform reaches 10 million users you have to pay to it as a marketing platform and alexa has proven that as we migrate from smart tablets and phones to smart speakers and most likely smart homes

1 Like

:joy: Ok, let’s see if your weird idea works.

1 Like

we all know how audio never dies but Byte isn’t an audio app and it isnt made by people with experience in that field.

2 Likes

I really LOVE this idea. 4 real

1 Like

that’s young kids💀from what i’ve seen kids 13+ would rather video content

1 Like

part of buinsess is to pivot 360 if necessary. Eventually all the vid sites will be no more and you’ll have to pay to upload videos like people do with audio on spotify and soundcloud. Podcasts and blogs will remain free, but outside of blog I see them charging for podcasts too

1 Like

glad someone liked this

1 Like

I see it :astonished:! Channels will actually be “channels”. Only issue now is:

“What’s the maximum length of a ‘short-form’ audio clip”?

3 Likes

I don’t understand the idea

I don’t think you understand what “podcasts” are

2 Likes

You don’t have to post to upload to SoundCloud. That’s like SoundCloud’s selling point

2 Likes

nothing is nescisary here, Byte is a love letter to Vine, by the same guy. Not a soulles name that needs to generate money or respect

1 Like

It’s a good idea. But not for Byte. And you’re right about audio. Maybe something different from the Podcast format we know, just like when Meerkat and periscope showed up… :v:

3 Likes