Buying Followers

Hi, everyone. I just want to bring to everyone’s attention the matter of buying followers. This is common for Instagram and Facebook because people are extremely hungry to be verified or fame. Is there any suggestions that prevents people from buying buying followers on v2 and punishments if someone is caught doing so.

7 Likes

If they do buy followers, it will kill their career before it even begins.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t worry. Buying followers doesn’t mean the followers will engage with their content. The only thing that would happen is the followers count goes up. There should be a crackdown on sites that offer that.

7 Likes

There should be prevention measures

2 Likes

Awesome topic to bring up! It’s been very common on Twitter and Instagram, I couldn’t really think of ways to prevent this from happening except being on the lookout for bot accounts.

2 Likes

It’s so obvious when they do as well, when they end up having 20k followers and 3 comments on their videos

3 Likes

I hope nobody buys followers :sob: like what!?!?!? all ur doing is buying a number

2 Likes

Can’t avoid this, but as @Marko said, you can easily tell who bought their followers, or who does “follow 4 follow.” They are the ones who have 10,000 followers and get 7 likes on their content.

I’d rather have fewer followers but ones who interact with you.

2 Likes

There should be a “No Tolerance” measure put in place. If someone is caught, bam their IP.

2 Likes

There should be a limit on the number of people an account can follow in a day to prevent mass following, and there should be a limit of the number of accounts made under the same IP within a time period. These may help prevent things like that, although it won’t stop it completely

1 Like

I mean…

There is no way to really prevent this and it won’t help that person much anyway. Wow, you have 1,000,000 followed… but only 3,000 of them actually actually are real!

People on these forums are so focused on followers. I think a lot of you should take a step back and just create content for the fun of it and not focus on the follower aspect of it. :hugs:

6 Likes

Im with this… when you buy followers yeah you’ll have a lot of numbers but they’re fake accounts they don’t like and nothing like that… if you buy followers you’ll gain a bad reputation and all for it

2 Likes

At least for Instagram, there’re services which provide real followers. Technologies and algorithms evolve all the time. Even modern comment bots raised on deep machine learning and advanced NLP algorithms show terrifying authenticity. Check it https://zen-promo.com/comment_bot_instagram

3 Likes

The fact that people do that is annoying but at the end of the day, they’re only playing themselves.

2 Likes

Really, its about the loops being played that’ll make your vines end up on trending and I highly doubt brought followers can achieve that.

4 Likes

There’s nothing to achieve. Life is pointless. Creativity for losses. The audience for insecure. Desire to be heard for those who in denial of our actual potential to become enlightened fence-sitter. yadayadayada

3 Likes

I think buying followers is a Plus for the app, even with Tiktok when buying followers and likes the algorithm help on getting featured on the app. Maybe the same will happen on Byte

2 Likes

the engagement will be super low compared to the follow ratio usually

1 Like