But we never met?

Ever been blocked by someone you personally have never spoken to? I realize that sometimes my content err’s on the side of dark humor(read: jokes about me dying or depression/life), and that this isn’t for every one, so if i have offended any with these jokes i do apologize. I will endeavor in the future to extend my content from these melancholic themes.

oh my god i love ot pt 2

9 Likes

How do I insert tea here… don’t worry I enjoy your content

6 Likes

I appreciate that man! I saw your wig skit earlier and died laughing.

5 Likes

The reality is, someone somewhere is going to get offended by some content you put out. You could make fun of Christians, LGBT, Jews, Bernie Sanders supporters, people who use the bathroom, etc. People are going to be upset. It just depends on where you go from here.

Some people double down, and keep doing it. Some people never do it again. Though it looks like you’ve made your choice, I hope it works out for you.

3 Likes

That’s the thing though, i haven’t once made fun of anyone in my skits/vids except me. I made it a point to never do that because i genuinely believe that you can be funny without making someone feel bad about themselves. So its rather odd that someone would take offense to me, mocking myself. I never mean it hurtfully, im just painfully aware that i do have issues and am now in a place where i can laugh/move on from them.

3 Likes

Aye, glad you enjoy. Should I do more??? #MammasJoke

2 Likes

Building on what I’m saying, even if it’s just a theme, or self deprecating, some people will still take it the wrong way, and immediately think they are being attacked. There are a lot of people in the world, and there are going to be incidents like this.

5 Likes

Absolutely! ive done two in costume/wig skits just because i believe props make it funnier/adds another layer to it. Did one yesterday.

3 Likes

Try not to think too much into it cuz it’ll drive you crazy lol I got blocked by someone who I genuinely liked and I’ve always supported their content so I was left confused when I saw I was blocked by them. It stings but if you know in your heart that you aren’t making offensive content and nobody else was hurt by it, then they’re just an anomaly. Anomalies are confusing, strange but ultimately, most of the time, they mean nothing so just ignore it :metal:

7 Likes

I appreciate that!

4 Likes

How do you know if you’re blocked by someone???

3 Likes

I haven’t been blocked by someone (that I know of), but I have been hated by some people automatically because I also make jokes about my conditions like mental health and physical health. I don’t know what to tell you. You just have to understand that some people make jokes like that to cope and I’m one of them.

3 Likes

My post’s point was to say i also do that, but that someone may have taken offense to me doing so. Im not demonizing anyone that does. Far from it.

3 Likes

nah… don’t worry …you do you … don’t care about the people who don’t even know you. . don’t fight… just byte :grinning:

2 Likes

I know! By “you” I meant the general audience. I totally get your point.

3 Likes

i misread that because i have bio brain atm prepping for a final exam.

3 Likes

Hahaa yes by so many ppl :pleading_face::joy: idk why

4 Likes

Omfg I have a bio midterm on friday and im dyyyyyyyyying

1 Like

Just be you and keep being you and be happy with what you do then you will always make great content!

2 Likes

As long as you aren’t making jokes that mock other people (especially minorities who are already fucked by society), don’t worry about it. You need to focus on you and what you want to put out.

Dark humor isn’t for everyone, and that doesn’t mean someone blocks you because they have a problem with you. They just don’t want to see that kind of content. Self-tuning your internet experience is vital on this day and age, so don’t take it personally: It’s about what kind of experience they want, not about you.

For example, you said you make jokes about you dying/depression, right? My boyfriend would probably block you because it’s triggering for him, based on his own experiences with depression. This block wouldn’t be him saying “this content is terrible, it shouldn’t exist and no one should see it”, it would be him saying “this isn’t good for me, so I’d like not to see it”

4 Likes