"Bumping" topics

can we not?

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

https://community.byte.co/faq#keep-tidy

5 Likes

Wait are u saying we shouldn’t bump or what

1 Like

Correct.

Nah I’m gonna keep bumping :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Yes I’m going to keep bumping on the topics that are important

3 Likes

keeping a topic at the top of the forum artificially, because you think its “important” and not because members are engaging with it is a bit backwards (the opposite of active forum usage, even…)

you’re not really improving the discussion

5 Likes

This is a problem with discourse (the platform that byte forum is built on). The system is set up so that replies are more valuable than likes. If likes raised a topic to the top like replies do, then this would work. Otherwise bump replies are inevitable

4 Likes

My topics that I’m bumping are important if ppl don’t enage oh well I’m asking them to read it

2 Likes

It’s annoying seeing the same couple of post at the top of the forum. It’s like you’re forcing people to read it. If people don’t want to read or engage with your post that’s fine move on you did what you could. I think the worst part about it is that there’s nothing being added besides “bump”.

3 Likes

Are you asking “please read this topic of [important topic here]” so they give feedback… or just saying “Bump” so its visible?

1 Like

We‘re just reminding everyone to sign petitions and to click on click to donate links :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Sorry if y’all have a problem with it

1 Like

:point_up: :point_down:

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.

3 Likes

y’all hurt my brain

so does reading the same 4 letter word in the same topic. everyday. every hour.

3 Likes

no one is forcing you to click it … when you already know we are bumping it for more people to see. i’m sorry you are so against helping people lol

1 Like

i look at all the topics here…

2 Likes

Good on u

1 Like