Browse V2 videos by location / GPS

I think it would be cool to view V2 videos by your current location according to your GPS on your phone. As you travel you could pull up a map to view V2 videos that were posted in that exact location. Videos would update as you change your location to see what was recorded in those exact locations or GPS coordinates.

Road trips would be interesting when using the app…

Thoughts?

-Dion

10 Likes

i do like this idea too, actually. may br a tad like snapchat, but would be very interesting

I like the idea but, as weird as it may sound. It would be much easier for child predators to find and manipulate children that like to post on the up and coming app. Sorry to be the one to say it but it happens.

8 Likes

I agree its a good idea but as @Timothy said it would be easier for predators to find anyone

3 Likes

unfortunately, you both are right

3 Likes

I hate to be the one to say but seriously in our society today, child endangerment is getting really bad. It’s so sad.

2 Likes

Good points,

What if the feature was limited to “videos/posts near by” not necessarily giving out the exact location?

4 Likes

I think a location setting that can be turned on or off would be awesome. That way people who don’t want info shared are safe but those that want to put it out there can

3 Likes

A list, or drop down, of Artists in and around your area would be great. One that shows recent content created with the service. Privacy, of course, would have to play a part (opting out of showing location, or going “invisible”).

4 Likes

If this idea is done I do believe there will be some privacy.

Let’s say I record a video in 1234 Fake St , Fake City , WW

I believe it will give the location of Fake City without giving out the 1234 Fake St.

3 Likes

So similar to Snapchat’s filter alright

1 Like

Something like that

Like instagrams “Location Stories”

1 Like

I vote yes for this. Like a “nearby” section. & I agree, you need to be able to turn it on & off for personal protection. :grin:

3 Likes

i think location based feeds will connect people more through the app, aswell

i support

3 Likes

I like that idea, just in the area but not exactly where in the area

1 Like

Maybe not exact location but as mentioned by others, the general area or city would be better to deter predators. Maybe a age requirement (16+ for events/tourist places?/18+ for normal general locations like cities?) can also be implemented to avoid kids from being able to share their location.

1 Like

Maybe there could be a setting to opt-in/opt-out of the feature to protect privacy.

I think this would be an excellent idea! However I feel it should be an optional experience as it could encourage stalking and other creepy activities.

1 Like