Book club!🤙🏼

I’m going to make a little series on V2 that shares books to read like a book club. There’ll be a lot of business and self help books, but also a lot of relationship and love books.

What great book have you recently read?

5 Likes

Cool idea! The last book I read was The Children of Húrin.

1 Like

Thank you! Maybe I might mention my boy Morgoth since you reminded me lol

1 Like

:joy: please do

“Perks of being a wallflower” and “it’s kind of a funny story” are good books

2 Likes

The Help
The Mortal Instruments
Anne Frank’s Diary

1 Like

Aaayyyy let’s make this LIT -erature
Fave books to read or listen(audiobooks) for me are:
King Dork; A classic book I read as a young TEEN, it was probably the only book report I did wholeheartedly without looking up the book online. A tale of rock and roll and teenage shenanigans.
The Subtle Art of not Giving A F*ck; This book is disguised as a comedy but it’s a solid self help book. There is nothing better than hearing how to improve your life with jokes and hard cold truths.
An abundance of Katherines; I’ve been trying to read all the John Green books and I’m more than halfway through this one. It’s a funny coming of age story made by the YouTuber/writer behind the fault in our stars phenomenon.

These are the ones at the top of my head, for the young and cynical :grin:

1 Like

boy loves boy is really good, but the book I read most recently is Sybil :grin:

1 Like

GAH I love both of those books! :grin:

1 Like

I’ve seen the movie “Perks of being a wallflower” and I’ve been meaning to get the book!

1 Like

Great choice with The Help🤙🏼

1 Like

“The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck”… my friend… you just sold me on my next book that I am getting hahaha

My nana LOVES Sybil

1 Like

omg it’s really good! :grin:

I watched the movie first the book is soooooooo worth the read because there’s parts that the movie doesn’t touch on

1 Like

Awesome! I never heard that idea before and i would like to watch your videos, i want to read books but I can not finish them, I get bored or I can not concentrate. You will tell tips to read?

1 Like

I was thinking of including some of my reads in a few videos on v2, though I rarely read romance. I prefer horror, fantasy and what not. The way I’d be including them though, would only be a brief shot in videos considering I’m rarely found without a book in my hand, or as a themed video for certain occasions like say… something creepy/uncomfortable to watch and Lovecraftian on Lovecraft’s birthday, some elven-esque nature shots for Tolkien, maybe take a trip to a themed bar or put some extra effort into effects for Harry Potter anniversaries, etc, etc.

1 Like

If I’m gonna be honest, I’m not a very bookish person (I just prefer films and stuff) although on the occasion where I do find a book that I like it’s been something by Sophie McKenzie. Anyway, at the moment I’m planning on finishing Before I Fall which is a pretty good book too

1 Like

What kind of books does Sophie write? Not to sure if I’ve heard of her before but I might have!

1 Like

You have me sold Breah :slight_smile: I’m getting it

1 Like