Blocking people

This is probably going to be the most stupidest question ever but let’s say someone (a new viner) got out there ad had let’s sayyyyyyy 10000 followers. Can you block the crazy people so they can’t see your profile and cant message you?? Or even in general? Because a few people on here have gotten really really weird and all of that stalker pretending to be 15 when 32 with 4 kids.

4 Likes

Yes, blocking will most likely be available.

1 Like

Wait, on the forums?? :flushed:

4 Likes

girl who are these people you’re talking about? everyone here is so nice and I’m pretty sure no one is a catfish

2 Likes

I think we should be able to block the IP of the device, to seal off that person. If that doesn’t harm security at all. If it does then we shouldn’t have it.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that IP address are shared by many people and can therefore affect others. Also, many people have dynamic IP addresses (meaning that their IP address changes every so often) and not static ones (ones that are permanent).

3 Likes

If there is someone who is harassing, threatening, or breaching your privacy, I think blocking would be a temporary choice. You are allowed to contact authorities for said action because it does break federal laws (here in the United States at least). If its just annoyance, then blocking would be a good choice. IP blocking seems logical but a user, whose intents are to harm someone, will stop at nothing to do so. The severity of the harassment is a huge variable in steps to stop and end harassment, threats, or any infringement of your privacy.

Absolutely.

1 Like

Id hope so, everything has blocking capabilities these days. We aint in the stone age no mo.

I’m sure that there will be, every social media platform has that feature now

I will be shocked if that isn’t an option

Omg I was so unaware this was happening, I think if the forum does progress we should most definitely be able to block people but idk if you can do that now… I’m so sorry this is happening to you.

2 Likes