Best advice you’ve ever heard

Doesn’t have to be internet related

1 Like

Get used to the roles of people, If you are a toxic person, you have to get used to what is your role in life and move away, it is not your duty to change it, you are not a doctor. This was a great advice I received a few weeks ago.

Not exactly advice given to me but some song lyrics that I think are great ass advice and helps me a lot when I get depressed:
I’ll tell you, man, my friend William came to me with a message of hope.
It went: “Fuck you and everything that you think you know.
If you don’t step outside the things that you believe
They’re gonna kill you.”
He said: “No one’s gonna stop you from dying young, and miserable, and right.
If you want something better, you gotta put that shit aside.”

Don’t let dreamers be dreams. My dream was to be white as hell, and look at me now!

Here’s is the best advice for anyone! (Mostly because it’s me giving the advice) LOL https://www.instagram.com/p/BOFmHiGlNYI/

Don’t follow your heart, it’s deceitful. Follow your brain, it’s smart.

1 Like

What? XD that’s garbage advice! If you a jerk just stay a jerk cuz that’s just how it is? No! You gotta be the best version of you that you can be. That may not happen quickly, or even at all, but it ought to be strived for

1 Like

I think you did not understand me, it must be for my English, I basically said that if you know a toxic person get away, it’s no use trying to change something that can hurt you physically and psychologically, besides you are not a doctor you do not have the psychological resources as to change it.
They told me to get used to it because I still have not reached the age of majority and I can not go anywhere

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhh ok yeah I misunderstood you, I’m sorry, that’s my bad. Yeah, you should be your own focus :slight_smile: not trying to fix other people who cause you harm

1 Like

The best advice ive ever heard is “Fuck it, we all die in the end anyway.”

2 Likes

Damn, that’s good advice!

2 Likes

I was always a chubby kid so people used to make fun of my weight. I developed inferiority complex and used to cry whenever people made fun of my body. I had 0 self confidence at that time. So my father told me “learn to laugh at yourself and the world will laugh with you”.

So yeah i made jokes on myself and when others joked about me i made a comeback related to my weight. So they stopped calling me names after sometime and slowly i gained confidence in myself.
So basically i overcame my inferiority complex by cracking self depreciating jokes and by accepting the fact that i am chubby. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, dont matter and those who matter dont mind

also “when in doubt, whip it out”

4 Likes

i had a high school literature teacher who forced us to read Old Man and The Sea like 3 times. he’d always quote Hemingway’s line “a man can be destroyed but not defeated.” while it wasn’t exactly “advice” (and i’ll probs never read that book again), freshman year a lot of shit was happening with my family. the world seemed to be crashing down around me. these were some of the first words that kept me strong and helped me realize that regardless of the crazy things that life throws your way, if you persevere and don’t give up, you will never truly fail.

2 Likes

“The only thing you can control is your own actions” is a pretty solid one
I’m sure I’ve received mUCh better advice but this is what I thought of off the top of my head lol

1 Like