"/" begining of the channel name

Oh that’s something new

Cool!!! More links!

thx. we’ll get it fixed

5 Likes

This is so unique and innovative! Definitely liking the new layout!

1 Like

BRUH I thought the question said “do you want the character /” and didnt read the “to be gone” and said yes, a fool i am sometimes

2 Likes

That’s amazing!!

Yes, REDDIT VIBES :relieved::smirk: apparently few are sleeping on this! Love the “/”

2 Likes

Just create a channel that displays in comments/captions like /Disney and /MumbleRap.

:older_man:

I love how everything old is the new style.

The three stacked horizontal lines that you hit to get the menu? Genius new idea right?
That’s the “Hamburger “ menu. Or technically the air vent to keep the window cool.

From 1981.

The /whatever is considered the Reddit thing.

But really, it’s from the earliest days of programming and coding. The / was how you changed drives or gave most commands when you were using DOS or any other programming language.

For example cd /d would change you to a different directory.

:older_man:

2 Likes

ahem, what ever happened to >

3 Likes

uhm >alexa play marvins room

1 Like

I feel kinda “Meh” about it… it’ll take time for me to get used to it. I’ve never really been on Reddit so this is all new to me

I personally like it without but I’m willing to give it a go. Probably cause i don’t use reddit

I think rather than thinking about it like reddit, just think about it like this:
@ is the link to a person
#. is to link to a topic
/ is to link to a category

Now the next question would be why would you wanna do this? Right now the only answer I have is for cross posting purposes. Although I like the /, I’m still unsure about the applications of it. Maybe URLs? This could help the desktop site variant. But idk.

edit: ok linking to categories in comments makes sense.

3 Likes

ok this really helps

1 Like

looks like this on my one @dom

1 Like

Like Reddit, / is a feature where users create their own categories in the future and link to a category like hashtags did.

dang bamboozled, hoodwinked led astray lead amuck flat out decieved! ~ Stephen A

See the issue with the / is on different devices it could be moved or positioned in a way that may not look good. Meaning they would have to size each explore tab to every device type imaginable. Too much work in my opinion.

1 Like

@dom what affect does putting /category in the comments have? Does it add the byte to that category? If so couldn’t someone post a byte and comment every /category to try and get it seem by the most people?

2 Likes