Bad With Change - Byte Length

Sooo, my GAD makes change hard for me, even I’m everyday life, small things. I woke up this morning and saw this and I’m a little bummed. I know a lot of you want longer bytes and I’m happy that you’ll probably be getting that… but man is it hard to leave my attachment to the shorter lengths. I know I’ll get use to it, but it’ll take awhile.

4 Likes

I felt that way at first, but im starting to realize that the creators, the developers, the app, etc. has to adapt to their audience for it/them to do well in the long run. It’s clear that the alt tik tokers make up the majority of byte atm and to keep the retention rate up, the team has to implement certain features that will cater towards them

8 Likes

i’m not good with change either.
seeing this earlier put me in a downer tbh. i felt done with everything that’s going on. 16 seconds is more than enough, i don’t know why this has to happen

1 Like

C’mon…16 seconds is as enough as it is. We don’t want to end up like TikTok now, do we?

3 Likes

I like the 16 seconds

2 Likes

16 secs, and even 6.5 sec when it started, is great for quick jokes and memes, but the use cases for 1 min videos are huge and diverse.

My daughter and I have been on TikTok way before we joined on here, the trends as of current have been story telling, tutorials, art, educational, etc. It is an extension from the VLog format in YouTube.

As much as you want to steer away from being “TikTok” or whatever, it doesn’t deny the fact that it’s the trends. I’m sure even though the “culture” of TikTok has been abrasive of recent, but I’m sure the engagements sure got u active. :thinking:

I’ve been a proponent for longer videos forever since I know it gives the flexibility to be more creative with content.

Question is if it longer, will u quit and go else?

Well, have a great rest of the day - I gotta go do yoga and ponder what to create with 60 secs on Byte- namaste :pray:

5 Likes

I don’t see a problem with it and all, but honestly, 16 seconds fit way better. 1 minutes gives the opportunity for someone to upload 1 minute of fake DIY content, or some random crap that nobody would really care for. I’m sorry, but I’m looking down the idea of 1 minute bytes.

Plus we already got Instagram for that

2 Likes

As per usual no hate I know change is hard but like… don’t use it of you don’t like it. People that use time more or less time aren’t better or worse then one and other it’s depends how time is used! So use it wisely

1 Like

As someone who once had a hardline opinion that the video length should be strictly 6 seconds and no longer, I’ve come around to now wanting more than the 16 second limit. I’m open to 32 seconds or even 1 minute.

Maybe Dom could add a Vine option to the camera that would limit the video length to 6 seconds like the original video length, but give people the option to make longer videos if they want. I’d love to have a bit of extra time over the current 16 second limit for some videos.

5 Likes

In TikTok, you can select between 15s and 60s videos. Sounds like one way to solve this.

Or could make a channel called like 8secondorless or something, or start that hashtag and trend it.

5 Likes

Same as long as they do it 64 seconds instead of 60 to stay on the Byte theme lol

7 Likes

Byte 64, available for the Nintendo 64

4 Likes

Gigabyte, terabyte… freeshavakadoo :laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

Byte actually is 52 Freeshavakadoobytes big :open_mouth:

2 Likes

OMG PLEASES LETS DO THAAAT! It’s could be like Instagram where you toggle a switch for more time and the switches could be named like that

1 Like

I few weeks ago I would have really gotten into this, because the Byte was still trying to be the spiritual successor to vine we were promised.

Now I’m just… ok. Whatever.

You know, if they just wanted to make a tiktok copy it would have been nice to know beforehand, but it’s what it is now so :woman_shrugging: For those who followed for two years because we were told vine was coming back, it’s time to turn back and accept it’s gone, again.

5 Likes

Yeah it would be nice to have longer videos

1 Like