Back from my cruise!

I had a great time, and got traumatized :sunglasses:

19 Likes

Pics:

The British Virgin Islands, US Virgin Islands, and the Bahamas :desert_island:

19 Likes

Story:
So I was sitting there on the beach, and it was really windy. Now there was umbrellas all over the beach. There was this HUGE (like I’m talking sweep you off your feet wind) gust of wind. I watched this all happen. There was a green umbrella. The wind picked up almost all of the umbrellas and they went flying over the beach. That green umbrella broke, so the sharp wood side just flew to one lady’s leg, who was sitting right beside it. She had 2 kids she was with. She covered both of them. Then, the shaft of the umbrella went literally straight into her leg. It went in, and just kinda went to the side. She started SCREAMING. Think somebody getting murdered. It was so scary. She was yelling for someone to help her, to save her. Her husband grabbed her kids. The people working the beach were just sitting there, and walked over to her. Her leg. Her leg, was destroyed. Like I saw the muscle in it. Blood everywhere. All over the sand. Since my mom is a PA, she ran over and we helped her. I had to grab the towels and give her water. She was so pale. We told the workers to call 911. They never did. They called their manager. We waited 20 minutes thinking there was an ambulance coming. It didn’t. So, the screaming lady, went ON THE BACK OF A FORD TRUCK back to the ship. Now this beach was about an hour away from the ship. She was riding on a truck for an hour with a bleeding leg. God, I will never forget the muscle and bone sticking out. Questions?

14 Likes

That’s a wild trip. You know if she ever received proper medical attention?

9 Likes

It sounds terrible. I hope she’s okay, and I really appreciate you guys going to help her. For real, first responders like you guys are really much appreciated :pray:

10 Likes

I have family in the Virgin Islands, its so expensive there oof and ive been to the Bahamas, its so nice.

5 Likes

ugh i wish i could rewind to 9 months ago :passenger_ship::passenger_ship:

3 Likes

That’s some final destination type trip,but at east you had fun the most part. I was supposed to go, it looks nice there!

5 Likes

missed u! glad u are back!!

2 Likes

She did, and luckily she just texted us back (she’s back home now) thanking us for responding so quickly, and probably saving her life. She has about 150 stitches in total

4 Likes

That’s so horrible what happened to her, I hope her and her family (and you) can recover from the trauma. We’ve missed you on the forums!

2 Likes

5th picture is my favorite one

2 Likes

That’s good. Good to see you’re all safe now

2 Likes