Automatic volume leveling

Sometimes when watching videos (especially with earbuds/headphones), there’s parts where the video is extremely loud. Whether it be when someone yells, when there’s a sound effect, a song playing etc.

Instead of having ‘headphone users beware’ warning signs everywhere, maybe there could be a toggle switch in the settings of V2 where one could toggle ‘Volume leveling’ on or off.

Volume leveling would essentially automatically adjust the volume up or down on parts of a video where the sound is either very loud or very quiet.

It would have for reference point the current volume level you set on your device.

I think this could be a great feature, I’m tired of my ears getting destroyed and constantly turning the volume up or down depending on what I’m watching.

5 Likes

Its a good idea but as you know some vines are made to scare people and when its on Volume Leveling it won’t level it and if it does then that vines wouldn’t have a loud voice and Sudden scary vines will be of no use. You can just Tap ‘Your side volume key’ At mobile. Don’t worry about it.

Secondly as you know lele pons a big viner is also about whole loud vines.

For more you can visit

1 Like

Yes, in that case you could just turn “Volume leveling” off. It could be off by default.

2 Likes

i like this idea! i’m on board. i like the idea of a toggle

2 Likes

This is a good idea, but it just kinda takes away from the feel of some vines.

1 Like

It’s not like you won’t be able to hear anything or not be able to distinguish what is supposed to be loud or not.
It would simply adjust the sound to a point where your ears aren’t damaged, we would still be able to tell that the sound is loud.

1 Like

I like this idea :smile: the amount of times I’ve had my eardrums blown out because of a loud vine is not even funny

2 Likes

This is a good idea, I’ve had my ears blasted by quite a few Vines in the past. In some vines the audio was just way louder than others, usually the ones who uploaded their videos after editing them offline. An option you could toggle on or off that would keep the volume below a safe level for all videos would be very nice.

2 Likes

Not so much of a good idea but it’s not bad. That option should be optional and not to be set on default. That would be perfect.

1 Like

Still would like this! Volume stabilization doesn’t mean the bytes can’t still be loud or quiet when you want to, but it’s annoying to have to adjust the volume on my phone byte to byte and sometimes it actually messes up viewing because I miss the first half of the byte raising the volume and then I get the punchline and have to rewatch lol. And I’m pretty sure YouTube uses volume leveling too.