Aspect ratio

is the recording a fullscreen vertical (like in the previews) or is it a square like vine?

3 Likes

While there is not a confirmed format for creations, I would certainly love to see the ability to be flexible in size, similar in nature to Instagram.

This would help give users more control over customization, and as a result helps create an overall more inventive and creative platform.

11 Likes

Really like the square cause it was unique and had its own feel, it’l be pretty nostalgic if it’s brought back

11 Likes

Should be full screen, everyones phone advanced in my opinion

3 Likes

yeah, i’m hoping it’s the square. the fullscreen in my opinion, is way too large.

7 Likes

haven’t decided. It’s full screen in the alpha and it’s preeeeeetttty nice, but it could change or become more flexible

39 Likes

Like Instagram? Where some videos are vertical and some are square or vertical

2 Likes

The square had its own feel and was unique compared to the other social media’s at the time. Almost had its own aesthetic

6 Likes

Personally I loved the square aspect and I know many others did too. I’m open to seeing how full screen would work, but my preference will always be square. At least let square be an option still because the editing community relies pretty heavily on it.

5 Likes

Having the option for either would be cool. Also full screen horizontal could be quite cinematic.

3 Likes

To be fair, I feel like this app is trying to be a success where Vine failed. Though square aspects ratios weren’t a failure, it wouldn’t be much use to just “re-skin” Vine.

3 Likes

my vote is for fullscreen.

I’d also think it’d be cool if next to nothing were on the screen while you watched the video, like, maybe not even a username.

1 Like

The problem with full screen I think is that the beauty of a square allowed you to not have to enlarge the video and you could see the creator and the description and comments at the same time while you’re scrolling through your feed.

3 Likes

yeah, the square is iconic. it would be pretty cool if they brought it back. i also think it might be weird having a fullscreen video.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Dom said it would be Fullscreen in the alpha or maybe it was in here, i don’t know i am tired

2 Likes

Yeah that seems pretty cool, maybe an option to change it? And also what if there was a video slider bar? Either way I’m hyped too see for the future

1 Like

recategorize this please?

2 Likes

I really like the instagram comparison idea. It’d be awesome if artists had access to upload different “shapes” or “sizes” of content

2 Likes

Hi everyone! What about this: Leave it square / square cropped when smartphone is held vertically. Switch to wide format if held horizontally and vertical format/full screen when held upside down.

Cheers

1 Like

I want it to be square. It ruins vine if it looks like a movie

2 Likes