Ask me Anything about the Algorithm & Growth

I believe I have byte (mostly) figured out. As a bit of a background I work with social media for a living and put an tremendous amount of work in A/B testing to help me understand what works on byte and how the algorithm (in its current version) works.

You can always, on a daily basis, find my posts on the #1 and #2 spots in the /memes channel. Sometimes I even manage to occupy all top 3 spots !

My growth at the moment is 300-1.2k followers/ day. With the big influx of users currently leaving , I’m at around 300-700 followers/day.

I get around 200-3k likes on ALL posts , AFTER 24 HOURS of posting that specific post.

Ask me any questions you have about the algorithm and I’ll do my best to answer !

EDIT : this is the best way I could think of to give something back to the community !

1 Like

How do you have enough creativity to come up with so many meme ideas each day?

2 Likes

I know you’re trying to be sarcastic, but I’ll still explain it !
Niche pages are part of every social network out there.

Please keep in mind that 5M followers on a niche page = to ONLY 500k-1M followers that an influencer has.

Influencers have more engaged/loyal fans and bigger earnings than niche pages.

Niche pages are a big business, and as I mentioned, I’m working with social media for a living.

Now if you have an actual question about the algorithm or growth I’d be more than happy to help you out as much as I can :slight_smile:

how do you get original content to succeed without being stolen by a larger account?

5 Likes

Post unfunny videos

that amazing moment when you ask a real question and get a needless rude and sarcastic answer :whips:

6 Likes

Do you feel as if there’s an ethical dilemma for posting content that you don’t own? Idk I would just feel weird and guilty to post videos that I don’t own and get engagement from that

8 Likes

Not as long as big money is involved.

Meme pages like memezar / cow belly pull in 7 figures a year.

Meme pages don’t harm any creators whatsoever. Have a look at my page. Do you see any specific creators ? It’s people from news segments and comercials or similar stuff at most.

hi i have a question, make your own content

4 Likes

Sorry no can do. I’m a niche page and not a creator :hugs:

byte.co/guidelines

7 Likes

make your own content idk

5 Likes

Sending much love in your direction :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Q: Ethical dilemma?
A: Not if there’s enough money

Money doesn’t remove the ethical dilemma, it just allows one to feel justified in making the unethical decision.

4 Likes

Everything you make on byte belongs to you. Only post stuff that you yourself make.

-byte team

5 Likes

I have a very open mind when it comes down to ethics

Lovely quote @cark :hugs:

Now let’s keep this ON TOPIC any algorithm questions more than welcome

your growth is meaningless as you are not growing from your own work

2 Likes

You’re welcome to have any opinion you want.

Now back to the topic , please :wink: