Are we shadow banned or something? The OGs?

Can’t help but notice the OGs of byte aren’t getting any engagement ? I saw a lot of tiktokers and they got a engagement of like 10,000 or something? But the byters aren’t . What is happening?

8 Likes

no :heart:

17 Likes

Thank you for replying ! Helped a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re just being drowned out. All the flood of activity is being prioritized by the algorithm because there is solidarity among the Alts, they are finding and interacting with each other, whereas OG Byter activity has been in a slump

7 Likes

The sheer volume of new users joining and engaging with each other are pushing OG’s out on a strictly numbers game.

2 Likes

OH NO THEY GOT CARK

(yes this is a full sentence just let me post gdi)

4 Likes

as dom said there is no shaddowban rn. people are figuring out how to use the algorithm and it works for em…

2 Likes

I think that since it’s your mix we are all interacting with alt type posts so we don’t see the millennial humor we don’t relate to and that’s what why we are getting a lot of likes and followers and y’all arent

2 Likes

The way it should be honestly

1 Like

I see plenty of “OG’s” who adapt to the new audience get plenty of likes/engagement. If you are worried about engagement just wait this wave out and it’ll eventually merge together but for now why not join it? It’s something new. See if you can expand your audience.

22 Likes

Yes am trying Dylan! Hope this works :smiley:

1 Like

It is a bit confusing. I have a post from months ago blowing up, and then the new stuff gets no love, so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah i made a vid trolling their humor and it did p well lol

2 Likes

Just make some content gear towards them, I’ve been doing it and I have maintain quite a bit of engagement by doing it. At the moment I’m actually having some fun poking fun at them a bit.

5 Likes

i FRICKEN love it

What makes it so great is that you’re the “facts guy” and what makes it even BETTER is that you’re so gosh darn good at it

frig

3 Likes

I’ve been collecting my favorite usernames for a byte im making tomorrow :skull:

1 Like

do you guys listen to 100 gecs?:joy_cat::joy_cat::smirk_cat::smirk_cat:

Okay, I was planning to do something similar, so don’t think I’m copying when I post it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m an opportunistic comedian, I really can’t just make up things on the spot all that well, but if the right series of events shows up in front of me I can strike some comedic gold at times.

1 Like

I think there is a lot of people like that, which is why the promoted hashtags is so important. If there were more promoted hashtags in the past couple of months, Byte would not have lagged as it did

I’ve had something in mind for a while, I just need to get off my ass and do it I guess

2 Likes