Are We Gonna Trend Byte On Twitter?! 🥳

Guys! I’m pretty sure we all have heard the news that byte has expanded to other countries, AKA INDIA! As well as the news that bytes rival app, tiktok, is on the verge of being banned in the states!! Take it as you wish, but all of this leads in a positive direction for byte!!
@ZacMcMillan mentioned last week I believe that we should try to come together as a community again and Head over to twitter with some hashtags to spread the word of byte!! Though we talked about it, we never really actually did it. So I’m here today asking for y’all to come together and join me in (trying) to put byte on the map, even it its just for one day! I think now is the time to try as a community to see what we can do, and I mean the engagement has been rising again (we all see them new usernames LOL) so why not try?!
When should we do this? NOW. Now is the time!
Which hashtags should we use? #HypeForByte , #FriendsFromByte (share bytes) , #ByteApp , #DoItForTheByte …these are just examples but I mean if we all stay using the same ones, that’s where we are stronger in numbers!
Im going to start a thread on Twitter, my username is @romeowlo there, and I encourage you all to drop some of your fav bytes on that thread (yours included) and use one of the hashtags above! Let’s do this guys, I know we can!
:heart::partying_face::innocent:

21 Likes

yes yes yes!! keeping my eyes open for your thread!

4 Likes

Let’s do this! :muscle:

3 Likes

Yesss ok lemme teleport myself to that thread ASAP!!!

4 Likes

Okay, I’m going to be @cark and say that to make something trend on Twitter takes many thousands of people all using the same hashtag at the same time, and even then there is no guarantee it’ll trend because trends on Twitter are localized now. This has been tried before, and even when there were a lot more people using the app and participating, Byte didn’t trend.

You know what WOULD generate some excitement and chatter on the inter-webs? If the Byte team started making big, much-needed updates to the app and started communicating with beta-testers again and making announcements about upcoming features. Because a lot of people have fallen away from the app due to the perception that nothing is happening anymore. I just don’t understand why the Byte team is letting this perception continue month after month.

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, and honestly, I don’t know why I keep caring because I literally get no benefit if Byte becomes successful, and I’m sure me being outspoken about this just pisses off Dom. But someone who’s not on the Byte payroll needs to say it, and so here I am once again.

11 Likes

Here is the link to the twitter thread: #HypeForByte

4 Likes

This is exciting for byte! I feel like if TT gets banned in the US, the partnership program should include people who originally made a living from TT, & byte should include a small tutorial for people downloading byte, that way the move will be easier for both the smaller users & bigger content creators from TT! Let’s hype up byte so that everyone feels welcome! :aww:

2 Likes

This is true! Very very true!
However, I’m an optimist I can’t help it :weary:

I also have nothing better to do so I’m going to at least TRY and I encourage you Tom dear to participate as a way to just encourage the community a bit! Uplifting shall we call it?

I have nothing to lose :partying_face:

4 Likes

Yes pls!

2 Likes

I already started :raised_hands:t4::partying_face:

2 Likes

It’s up girly :heart::raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Yes exactly! Even if it doesn’t trend, which I’m sure it won’t! Just getting people together again or try to, and jsut have fun! Idk maybe I’m too hype for it right now but I’m just trynna uplift the spirits around here a bit while we wait for Dom and Team Byte to Comeback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ooo another Twitter trend hehe love it

3 Likes

True and today I even saw one from launch return :eyes:

2 Likes

Omg rlly?! That’s pretty cool! I mean at least they’re back right ?! :partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

I don’t mean to be a Negative Nancy with my post above, so, here’s a suggestion: Find posts on Twitter about TikTok being banned — especially ones by people with large followings — and post replies encouraging people to download the app. I’ve been doing that myself, and know others here have been doing the same. I think that would actually be more effective in getting out the word on Twitter, as more people will see that than they would a hashtag only a few dozen people are using. :+1:t3:

12 Likes

A great alternative method which is equally opportunistic :raised_hands:t4::innocent:

4 Likes

Thank you @rommie for creating this thread!

Yeah, I understand that it takes a lot of people to get it trending, but even if it doesn’t trend, I have noticed a significant increase of Byte hype on Twitter organically (and some negative) that we can build off of to really create a conversation on.

Excited to see where this goes! Thanks again, @rommie!

1 Like