Are Social Leaders Over Idolized?

Know this is going to be controversial one, but it seems like all the well known social leaders from Ghandi, and so on, seemed to be deeply flawed in some way or another. If you pry just a little deeper into their history you’ll know what I’m talking about. Share your thoughts below.

1 Like

when mlk said “I have a dream” I felt that

3 Likes

Even though they may be deeply flawed, they were still able to use the things they were good at to benefit everyone.

Every human has flaws, and the more socially prominent you are, the more more your flaws show, however, when your talents outshine your flaws, and you are able to help advance something with those talents, people will probably still respect and adore you.

3 Likes

When he said that i was like “same”

2 Likes

When he said that, I said “wow, that’s a mood”

2 Likes

I see where your coming from, it’s just sometimes disappointing to see some of these people and the flaws they had from infidelity and so on. However, I see your point.

1 Like

i think what makes them so idolized is that they’re human at the end of the day. a human who does the impossible is kind of like a symbol for people, so i feel like they would be bound to be idolized by some peeps

2 Likes

To some extent they are over idolized, but i think people view them they way because they are who everyone strives to be. If we’re real most people don’t really care about Sri Lanka or Flint but the ones who do care and make a difference are praised. If everyone cared we wouldn’t idolize them and most issues wouldn’t exist in today’s world.

3 Likes

I see your point.

I think this also extends to the idea of someone being perfect. No one is perfect, but well seem to strive for it

1 Like