Are dreams a waste of time?

Will be interesting to see the responses on this.

8 Likes

what kind?

and if either, absolutely not. Dreams are some of the best things to have in your life, because they drive you to do amazing things.

8 Likes

dreams are interesting, no one really knows how exactly they work or why they happen, personally i don’t like dreams, maybe cause i only get bad ones :joy:

7 Likes

They aren’t when you do take action to make them come true.

7 Likes

Nah, I have a feeling some of them are ways the brain tries to release stress.

6 Likes

Dreams give us hope

5 Likes

No because ultimately, we cannot control whether if we do or don’t have dreams. Our brain is the one awake while we are asleep. So dreams are a product of your mind reflecting & processing information from what happened in the day and/or what your subconscious is trying to tell you or what it wants to release from itself

(I’m a psychology student so I “went there” haha)

7 Likes

Not a bit…

Some dreams give me an actual representation of what my life would have been if I had chosen a specific option… My dreams basically show me the opportunity cost forgone

6 Likes

I don’t know if your talking about dreams like passion/motivation or the images and scenarios are subconscious brains make up while we sleep, but in terms of:

• dreams (passions), I think that they’re definitely not a waste of time. They give us a sort of motivation and meaning to our lives. If we don’t have an underlying purpose for the things we do, and no ambitions for the future, then what’s the point? We need something to push us to strive for bigger and better things :smiley:

• dreams (visions of the night), I think that they’re important because it provides time for your brain to process everything that’s happened that day and can help your brain to calm down and festers after a busy day. :sleeping:

8 Likes

Absolutely not ! Always keep a positive mindset

4 Likes

nope no way.
some dreams are to alert us or make us aware of why we had them. for instance some of mine have predicted the future (very specific)

here’s a quote:
Although some researchers believe dreams are just a byproduct of sleep, others think dreams are important for memory consolidation or conflict resolution. … Dreams occur during both REM (rapid-eye-movement) and non-REM sleep, but sleep studies show that brain activity is heightened during REM periods

4 Likes

Nah, plus I love having dreams, I’m always thinking so it’s cool to see what I can create in my sleep

3 Likes

Nah how else can I make out with the girl I’m never getting :pray:

1 Like
2 Likes

Dreams of any kind take me away from the real world

4 Likes

What kind of dreams my guy :man_shrugging:
Regardless, they’re both important.
Sitting on the couch and feeling sorry for yourself. IS A WASTE OF TIME. :100:

2 Likes

Dreams such as starting your Buisness, comedian, photographer, music producer. Also, couldn’t agree with your statement more.

3 Likes

This is interesting perspective on dreams. Never thought of it that way

1 Like

That’s right. Execution is key

Thought this was an interesting response. Like to hear this expanded a bit though. Not quite sure what you mean