Apple is shrinking

What are your thoughts on that?

1 Like

I think it’s due to the sudden rise of Huawei phones. My dad, a few family members and friends took an interest in Huawei phones and they say it’s honestly the best phone brand out there.

5 Likes

Well it makes sense since they haven’t changed anything in years really

1 Like

They are overprice for what they are

Put the headphone jack back and see what happens. For real tho, it just may be because people don’t feel the need to upgrade as often. I have an iPhone 6, and it’s still serving me well.

2 Likes

There’s not much of a reason to upgrade. I still feel like apple is still the most well known phone brand, but they’re just not doing it anymore. it’s like they’re burnt out, and they’ve created this own bubble for themselves which they constantly can’t divert from…

2 Likes

Nothing lasts forever.

1 Like

I suppose this is an example of how “nothing gold can stay.”

I think their biggest problem is that they sell you the same stuff everytime with a higher price. There isn’t a drastic difference between some phones.

6 Likes

there are many reasons why apple is slowing down, but a big reason is that compared to pre-2016/7, they haven’t added anything substantial/influential to their flagship phones except for Face-ID. remember when the iphone 5s released? compare that to the xs and xr

2 Likes

Their problem (at least from what I’ve seen) is that their new models don’t have much to be surprised about and also their prices are extremely overrated and people are finally realizing it.

I feel like they purposely lag the previous iPhones just so we’ll buy the newer ones. I’ve had mine for a few years, and it didnt start lagging until the brand new one dropped

I’ve had an iphone since high school. I can’t use other phones.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just switched from iPhone 6s to a Oneplus and I love it. iPhones are great but a lot of people don’t wanna pay extra for diminishing returns.

1 Like

Agreed! It really is falling!

People make a bunch of excuses, like less sales in China, lack of innovation, or high prices. The fact is, most of the “luxury” market is able to buy a new phone each year, but that is only a small portion of users. Their phones cost approximately $350 to $400 to make, but they charge more than double. The average person is going to have a lot of trouble spending a thousand dollars on a phone. The iPhone XR, their “budget” phone, was supposed to be a huge hit, causing everyone to upgrade, but sales of the iPhone 8 have been higher. Why? It shares the same screen (which is actually the same as the iPhone 4, cmon Apple) as well as a good enough processor and good enough camera. Oh yeah, and a home button. I’ve asked my friends why they bought an iPhone 8 instead of an iPhone XR. They say the 8 has everything they need and why would they buy the newest. Apple the solution to this is simple - make people “need” your phones. Not by making them slower as time goes on, or by ending support for them. Make a new device that is a compelling purchase. For a device that costs that much, it should have more than just the best processor. Personally, the only reason I use my iPhone still is because of iOS. Apple’s software is number one in ease of use, but although is might be limited, it is stable, secure, and usually pretty quick. It’s hard to have a bad experience. They need to make the hardware the same way. Oops, I dropped my phone and cracked the glass on the back of my BRAND NEW iPhone XS! $300 bucks to fix it? If I still had my iPhone 6 this wouldn’t have happened. See my point? This is sort of my point. Apple will turn around eventually, probably because of people’s dedication to iOS and their lack of recognition for android. Btw, my example plays across all of Apples products. Their services are only growing because of battery replacements and people forgetting their free trials. Apple Watch finally innovated enough that I’m debating whether to spend 400 bucks for a hunk of metal on my wrist. MacBook Air is only a hundred bucks less than MacBook Pro. Make. A. Compelling. Reason. For. Me. To. Buy. Your. Product.

2 Likes

Amen brother! It’s a bummer because a lot of times you break a phone, it costs just as much to fix it with an apple provider (which they make you do now because if you dont, they can shutdown your phone internally) it costs just as much as your phone is worth!

1 Like

I agree, their repair costs are part of the issue. However, there are a lot of times when they fix it and they don’t have to, overall, I find that nicer people generally get treated better at Apple stores. I haven’t heard of them disabling entire phones though, only Touch ID (which is understandable) and force touch.

1 Like

You can disable it in settings. Battery > battery health > enable full performance capability