App pricing. Holding back full app features for a cost?

This is the perfect mirror of my points.

1- what about the kids?
*Yes it could thin them out and control them on a more ‘adult’ app

2- Wouldn’t it be like unfair for some creators that don’t have the money or aren’t older enough to pay for it?

• 1 or 2 dollars? Seems like a very small barrier.

3- most will rather stay on the free. I wouldn’t change for a filter

• exactly but the advanced features would be out of their reach. No upload or editing. Whatever the difference could be.
4 Likes

The issue is that I don’t think many people would want to pay for ‘extra’ features, if they can just edit it on their computer for free.

4 Likes

But if you can’t upload that edited clip??

Exactly. I rather have other things for pay. Like emotes or barges about viners. Like a way to support them.

1 Like

You will. Well at least I think so. Many have been talking about letting people upload from camera roll. I think we will have this option.

1 Like

Dom confirmed that we we will have edit/uploading here

3 Likes

You’ve missed my point. That would be an option you’d pay to access.

Ahmm… Like I said before that would be so unfair to others.

I really hope that V2 is free without any pro versions to pay for. Maybe a better way to pay for developing is to place ads.

2 Likes

Why ruin what’s already a great community? I’m sure @dom doesn’t want this to end up like Youtube, why monetize these six second clips when there is a huge possibility of what’s been happening on YouTube since April happen here?

1 Like

Don’t make it cost money. That sucks

2 Likes

Would 100% rather ads than having to pay for different services, and I’m sure others would too. (although I would put money into v2, because just like others here, I care about v2.)

4 Likes

As much as that might help with the app costs, I don’t think It’ll be something creators will be happy about. But I can see this happening, only for additional features and not the basics.

1 Like

I personally am digging it being free. MAYBE some things COULD cost at the most a dollar or two but honestly I think it’s best if it’s free. That will definitely expand the V2 members if the app is free.

1 Like

I would be onboard with this as long as it doesn’t take away basic and essential features such as importing videos (some apps charge for that), adding friends, etc.

100% couldn’t agree more, even making small features behind paywalls would alienate a lot of people

1 Like

I don’t think this is a good idea. When v2 comes out, since people aren’t sure about it, it won’t have as big of a following as it is and adding the price would lower it even more.

1 Like

nah, i’m not willing to try and spend money on an app that’s supposed to be free :slightly_frowning_face:

How about only having to pay for customization. Profile themes, created by v2 Artist, that you wouldn’t have with the released version. Higher tiers of storage. Even advanced editing tools. I don’t feel any of these give an advantage, or disadvantage.

1 Like

I’d rather it be free like every other social media app

1 Like