App Cuts Video In Half - IOS - MAJOR

Major Problem - IOS

When I posted my byte from my camera roll, it cut my video in half. :frowning:
Any idea what I could do better or if it’s an actual bug?

I uploaded in 1080 x 1920 as expected. FR: 29.97

5 Likes

Cut it in half like the picture?
I’ve had some weird zooming thing going on when I upload a byte too. It shows full frame, and then it is zoomed in crazily when it’s actually posted.

4 Likes

This is crazy I haven’t ran into this problem yet… What are you using to record and also what do you use to edit?

1 Like

only this video? have you tried another?

4 Likes

Yes! It would upload half the video and the other half was black.

I spent sometime trying to figure it out and I found out it was the video container MP4. For some reason, it doesn’t like that format. So, I just tried rerendering in different formats, and it would take MP4 files with different credentials on the back-end. Super weird!

2 Likes

Crop out the black before uploading if you have

2 Likes

There was no black to crop. It was rendered to the exact aspect ratio. The app gave it the black space.

1 Like

And no, i tried a bunch of other videos with the same MP4 container and it did the same thing. No biggie. I just converted the video to another type of MP4 and it worked. So, all is good now. Just really bizarre.

1 Like

Rendered straight from my editing software to MP4, it gives me the black bars. But when, I compressed it with a converter to the same MP4 container, it worked. Like I said, a very bizarre work-around, but it was weird that they both were MP4 and one was having issues.

1 Like