App crashes after using it for 5+ minutes

happens everytime i scroll far down/interact with the app (search users, open comments, type, p much everything). it becomes very slow and laggy and eventually crashes.

i’d post a screen recording, but everytime i screen record and the app crashes, it seems to crash it and stops recording immediately (as well as crashes other apps running in the background)

i tested it on the beta version (originally) and then the app store version. same results

device: iPad Mini 2. iOS 12.4.6
byte version: 0.2.8 (214)

3 Likes

I was noticing this a bit as well.

iOS 13.3.1 | iPhone 11 Pro Max
Byte: version 0.2.8 (214)

1 Like

new to 0.2.8?

Yeah, it seems to have started during this update.

sorry i’m not sure because i just started using my ipad again after a couple months of not using it😅

I have the same issue, I also can’t comment on which version brought it up the first time, but I feel like it’s been happening for a while. (didn’t report it because my phone is old and some other apps also crash frequently. It might be a Byte thing if it’s also happening to others though)

device: Iphone 5s. iOS 12.4.5
byte version: 0.2.8 (214)

1 Like

this still seems to be happening on the latest update (as of may 16). becomes laggy and slow and then eventually crashes @cami_p

2 Likes

I need

1 Like

I need

1 Like

need what?

A tailor… Because you ripped your pants?

976463f779e801274da73bfc6f45b502

1 Like

I still have this problem with the app. Whole iPhone gets really laggy then eventually freezes or crashes.

iPhone 8, iOS 13.5.1

1 Like

Strange? I’ve never had a lagging issue with byte and it runs pretty smooth for my iPhone and my older one. I had the same iPhone for like 3 years so I don’t remember which one that was lol still strange to see other people with issues.