Anyone else deal with annoying parents?

i live with my mom, so it’s pretty much kinda good over there. But every time she gets mad I don’t say anything, I just silently curse her out (cause who doesn’t). But when I get mad she has a whole lot to say & she won’t stop talking until she gets her point across. Another thing I can’t stand is when she takes my stuff for no legit reason. I could be doing school work, playing a game, watching Netflix, or on YouTube & she still takes my stuff. I find it weird that I’m the only 18 year old that still gets her stuff taken. Plus I never do anything to her except get mad cause she’s annoying me but apparently she has a problem with that. What do I do? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am almost in the same situation, but it’s my dad that causes me problems, for the most part. If I have to think about it, I’d say they do it to protect us, and they would obviously want to see us stay always young. So, if she might be annoying, she’s doing it cause she loves you

1 Like

I never thought of it like that but I mean she always complains that I don’t get her a card but I always tell her happy birthday & stuff.

1 Like

A card might sound stupid and simple, but she sees it like a piece of you that, in a near future, will remind her if you, even if you’re far away

1 Like

That’s good advice, but I don’t have a car so I can’t go to the stor without her knowing

1 Like

You could walk to the store, maybe. Or you could ask a friend of yours to get it for you

1 Like

Good idea, I just don’t wanna walk cause there’s some strange people where I live

1 Like

We’ll hire someone to protect you then :sunglasses:

1 Like

My own bodyguard, sweet :sunglasses:

1 Like

To me it sounds like she just wants your love and attention. I used to have the same problem with my mom. Try and suggest going out on shopping trips or a movie, ask about how her day went, stuff like that. It seems small, but 3 years later, my relationship with my mom is in a place I never could have imagined when I was 18

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for the advice! You guys have helped me a lot

2 Likes

Being tall has its advantages :sunglasses:

1 Like

And you’re welcome, we’re here to help each other out!

1 Like

I’m literally 4’11 :joy::skull:

1 Like

And I’m literally 6’4" :joy:
I wouldn’t have any problems picking you up :joy::joy:

1 Like

Wow you’re tall :joy:

I’d say as tall as a mountain, from your perspective at least :joy:

1 Like

I guess so :joy:

1 Like

On your cute little bodyguard mission I’d recommend you guys get a collection of cards. There’s no harm in buying more than you need, as if something crops up you will always have a spare card that you can write something meaningful in. Works a treat.

1 Like

That is true