Anyone else a failed tiktoker hoping for success on byte?

I downloaded TikTok about 6 months ago and posted pretty regularly, however, the most views I ever received was about 1,400. I believe my content was original and funny but it never found its way to a big enough audience. In my opinion, TikTok discourages original content because using a popular sound or trend will increase the activity given to the post. I was delighted to hear of bytes official release and am excited to create and meet other creators. Was anyone else discouraged by TikTok and hope for a more enriching experience on byte :blush:

20 Likes

Yes I 100 percent agree with u and I use to be big(well kind of) on TikTok too where I had over 2000 followers we I had duet with a girl on there and the vid got on the fyp and it had over 65.9k likes I forgot how it’s written but it was something like that.

10 Likes

the tiktok algorithom, man.

5 Likes

I feel you I had 3,000 followers on tiktok went viral multiple times and nothing happened

7 Likes

Yep das me. I was doing quite well starting off (like few hundred views or something) then I was completely censored and recieved barely any views on my tiktok vids. No matter how much I posted, it barely reaches 10 views on a video no matter what it is.

Later my friend sent a vid to me that talks about censorship within tiktok over videos and also users, due to certain “attributes” of a person. Which isn’t a surprise since tiktok is owned in Mainland China. Promptly deleted my account and app. Hate that app even more too.

4 Likes

I actually had the opposite experience. I was doing quite well on TikTok for the two weeks I was on there, and on the release date of Byte, my follower count actually doubled, which made me re-think going all in on Byte LOL.

4 Likes

I like this one better because i have no idea how to TikToc… so. there is that. maybe i can gain some good followers on this and learn to be more creative

5 Likes

what is the secret to growing on these sites for short videos?

2 Likes

exactly why i was hyped then I found byte. tik tok poops on originality

4 Likes

@RedBeardedNinja it really seems that you are gonna have to just find followers because my bytes are only seen by my 12 followers even if i add a video to a channel

2 Likes

I have big hopes for byte. Apparently TikTok locked my reach by region, so if I want people to relate to my content, and without that they won’t like, comment, share, and subscribe, then I have to make content based around the local language and culture.

Technically making that content wouldn’t be too hard, because all I need to do to get an idea what it is, is to just open the search tab. Even though I specified in the TikTok preferences that I’m there for content in English and French, my search tab is full of stuff I don’t understand on a cultural level.

I had to disable video suggestions in the notification settings in TikTok, because they spam me with stuff which I made clear I don’t want to even know exists. This is absolutely ridiculous.

That’s just one of the things about TikTok that frustrates me. So, yeah, I have huge freaking hopes for byte.

5 Likes

I am! Byte has been so much more of a success for me, and I’m so lucky :)))

38 followers tiktok // 2 years

3248 followers byte // 4 months

byte loves smaller upcoming creators, making it obviously superior :shushing_face::smirk:

6 Likes

@alleyredd congrats that really awesome, i hope i find the same success, ill def follow your page

2 Likes

Not really failed TTer, just trying both apps, definitely having more fun on Byte tho

4 Likes

For some reason, I’ve had great success on Tik Tok and even on Musical.ly when it was that. I have an account that shows “Popular Creator” on it with 367k but it’s dead cause I never posted on it for so long.

I then created another account about 3 months ago and now have 44k. I still want to be bigger on Byte than Tik Tok though :rofl:

3 Likes

The platform does not make someone’s content better or worst. It’s gonna be consistent.

I had 8k on tiktok and still sorta use it.
I plan to do well on byte.

Simple as that.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call myself a “failed” tiktoker. In fact, I was actually doing pretty well, but then i got hit with the fabled shadow-ban and my account hasn’t recovered since.
Byte seems to be much more friendly to it’s creators, so i’m excited to see where this goes.

1 Like

Shadowbans on TikTok were everywhere, and originality was definitely shunned. What got you popular was following what was already done or what others were doing – use the same copyrighted songs, lip sync and have a big butt, and you have TikTok figured out.

The biggest problem with TikTok is definitely censorship from being from mainland China and the inability to capitalize on short-term fame. You always hear about people getting thousands to millions of views then suddenly getting 0 views for the rest of their time on TikTok.

It’s pseudofame, really. Actual fame would imply a genuine fanbase, people who follow you to YouTube and monetizable platforms, etc. There’s just too many “famous” people nowadays, whatnot with Instagram and Tiktok, when we’re all trying to become noticeable or memorable faces with monetizable content. If there’s ever been an opportunity to build a base from the ground up, Byte is definitely it. Let’s topple TikTok as the app store giant.

6 Likes

Omg same ily don’t worry :white_heart::white_heart: we will make it on here! Byte is awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

Amazing!! strong text

2 Likes