Anybody home?

I mean, no news is good news right?
Just making sure the team is okay, as there hasn’t been any updates for a while.

33 Likes

I think they are either working on a update now, or not knowing what update they should work on next. I know that they have been working hard. We just have to be patient for the next update I guess.

3 Likes

I’m more curious/concerned. I appreciate everyone’s hard work. Many are impatient. Some feel a little abandoned.

15 Likes

I’m concerned too. I appreciate their hard work. Maybe they are just taking a break? I really don’t know. But it is definitely kind of concerning.

4 Likes

I think it’s time we receive an update, even if it is short and is a summary of what’s been going on. Some sense of direction would be nice.

9 Likes

It’s been nearly a month since we’ve gotten an update. I’m down to get the smallest update at this point.

6 Likes

Tom is typing and I’m curious as to what he has to say. Take it away, Tom :pray:t6:

5 Likes

I understand it’s a lot going on in the world right now and people are navigating through their own personal pain as well as the greater collective pain. So I’m definitely not trying to be accusatory/antagonistic in any way.

3 Likes

I’m going to be honest, I don’t have a good feeling about this. Last time Dom and the team went this quiet was before and after the app was put on hold indefinitely nearly 2 years ago. I brought this up in another thread earlier today:

Dom has also removed all mentions of Byte from his Twitter bio, too.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 7.57.57 PM

I know Dom does some crazy things with his Twitter account, such as deleting all of his posts, but, these don’t seem like the actions of a developer who’s going to continue building the app. Of course, if this isn’t true it could all be put to rest with one short bulletin.

Also the Byte account on Twitter has gone silent since May 31 as well.

16 Likes

I think any kind of update/message would be rlly nice. I know that they know the world is crying right now. So it’s understandable…but I do think any sort of message just to calm the nerves maybe? Idk.
If byte were to release a statement acknowledging everything going on in the world right now I think that would help calm the Nerves for everyone who is still here waiting for even an ounce of life to show, because then they would know that team byte hasn’t moved forward w/ anything byte related because there are more important matters going in in the world currently.

I think people are just afraid That byte is shutting down, and that thought is scary…I mean ppl have been here for 2 years. I’ve been here for 4 & 1/2 months and I already have a special place for byte in my heart. I may view byte differently rn because of personal stuff, but the app itself is wonderful and I’d hate to see it go.

Silence sometimes is louder than any other noise but I truly hope that isn’t the case here. I rlly don’t think it is, but either way the experience has been one I’ll NEVER forget.

7 Likes

It doesn’t seem like they are being silent do to what’s happening in the world right now because I think they would’ve said that. Any message would be really nice. We can only hope that byte won’t be shutting down any time soon.

Oh, and also, Tom has made some valid points. Why has there not been tweets from the official byte twitter account since May? Why does Dom seem to not mention Byte on his twitter account anymore?

3 Likes

Maybe Dom is stressed or something. If that’s the case Mr. Dom sir are you okay.

2 Likes

I’m sure everything is fine. Maybe post vids with hashtag #isdomok :grimacing:

5 Likes

Byte! Please don’t go! I don’t want to go back to making 10 minute videos on YouTube :sob:

2 Likes

I hadn’t noticed the twitter stuff. That’s ominous. Even if the news is bad I’d just rather them rip the bandaid off.

3 Likes

I really hope there is some kind of big surprise with this silence, like a calm before the storm. Byte has helped me find my creative niche and i would be sad if i were to have to see it go.

10 Likes

They’re still updating the spotlight and Dom’s cat is a hotdog with relish. :man_shrugging: lol

11 Likes

And dom replied to my forum post so hes here lurking!!! Hope isn’t lost guys :pleading_face::two_hearts:

8 Likes

I agree :point_up:t3:

4 Likes

I’m home

6 Likes