Any Fans of Fans Out There?

Hey everyone!

A few days ago, I opened up the topic “Looking for Contributions”, asking you lovely Byte people for entries/submissions/contributions/whatever you want to call them to be included in the spooftastic account I opened up over the weekend, “realfans”.

The account itself was a humorous poking fun at a subject that was heavily discussed and ultimately closed recently, but since setting up the profile I’ve grown fond and enthused about the silly potential it has. And though I’ve gotten a few submissions in the past few days, I don’t think the message has been getting the traction that it honestly should (maybe due to the title of the intial topic or due to getting drowned out by other busier threads or due to lack of interest… who knows?). And thus: this new thread, with new title!

The premise of the profile: to showcase different versions of fans of the ilk that provide some form of airflow in an attempt to cool down a specific area; and I’m looking for a variety of styles, shots, and appearances to post onto the profile. And that’s where you come in!

Simply put, here’s what we’re looking for:

• a static, one-shot video of a fan you own in your home
  • can be any kind of fan - oscillating, ceiling, paper… as long as it is used to provide comfortable airflow, it works
  • the fan must be the only thing in the video - this is, after all, a profile dedicated to fans
  • no need to edit or add anything to it, just need the video; if you feel like recording the video at an artsy angle to add a bit of character, go for it! (just remember the previous bulletpoint)
  • don’t worry about adding your username to the video (the “why” will be further explained below)

That’s pretty much the gist of the thing. Any contributing submissions can be sent via e-Mail to therealfansbyte@gmail.com ; be sure to include your Byte username in the body of the e-Mail, so that you can get credit for being “Fan of the Day” when your video is used. If there are any questions or further clarification needed, please do not hesitate to reach out using the address, as well.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what people will submit and add to this ridiculous project

10 Likes

Some examples of what’s on the profile currently…

First post:

“Fan of the Day”:

Most of the music is added by me, after the video has been sent; however, if you send a video and have music added on to it, go for it! (Saves me a little extra work in the posting process. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

4 Likes

Bumping this :rabbit::smirk:

4 Likes

April 23, 2020 “Fan of the Day”: @clicknpinny

[Also, the video was so perfectly timed, the music I chose for it looped seamlessly. Awesome job!]

1 Like

Thanks for featuring me! Love a good breeze!

1 Like

Thank you for sending in your video! I’m having a lot of fun with the profile and absolutely appreciate the participation!

I want to do something for this.

1 Like

Sweet! Shoot an e-Mail to therealfansbyte@gmail.com, with a video of your fan!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

1 Like

Sure thing!

1 Like

April 24, 2020 “Fan of the Day”: @ActionJaxon02

1 Like

I wish my apartment had ceiling fans hahahaha. I’ll just go think of how to film the inside of my laptop

1 Like

conceptual. I like it. But I am not entirely sure why.

1 Like

I believe in you! And once you succeed, definitely send it to therealfansbyte@gmail.com!

It’s a gut reaction, I get it. Trust it. :wink:

April 25, 2020 “Fan of the Day”: @coffeecup

1 Like

April 26, 2020 “Fan of the Day”: @wallpuncher

3 Likes

April 27, 2020 “Fan of the Day”: @CubeOfCheese

2 Likes

If anyone’s seeing this randomly pop up on your feed and wondering what the hell is going on and want in on the action, here’s the TLDR:

I’ve had a lot of fun receiving these videos and toying around with possible audios and looping capabilities. Looking forward to any new videos that come down the pipe! And thanks to everyone who’s already participated and graciously sent videos of their fans for this silly project!

April 28, 2020 “Fan of the Day”: @clicknpinny

2 Likes

This is such a great thread

1 Like