A few days ago, I opened up the topic “Looking for Contributions”, asking you lovely Byte people for entries/submissions/contributions/whatever you want to call them to be included in the spooftastic account I opened up over the weekend, “realfans”.
The account itself was a humorous poking fun at a subject that was heavily discussed and ultimately closed recently, but since setting up the profile I’ve grown fond and enthused about the silly potential it has. And though I’ve gotten a few submissions in the past few days, I don’t think the message has been getting the traction that it honestly should (maybe due to the title of the intial topic or due to getting drowned out by other busier threads or due to lack of interest… who knows?). And thus: this new thread, with new title!
The premise of the profile: to showcase different versions of fans of the ilk that provide some form of airflow in an attempt to cool down a specific area; and I’m looking for a variety of styles, shots, and appearances to post onto the profile. And that’s where you come in!
Simply put, here’s what we’re looking for:
- a static, one-shot video of a fan you own in your home
- can be any kind of fan - oscillating, ceiling, paper… as long as it is used to provide comfortable airflow, it works
- the fan must be the only thing in the video - this is, after all, a profile dedicated to fans
- no need to edit or add anything to it, just need the video; if you feel like recording the video at an artsy angle to add a bit of character, go for it! (just remember the previous bulletpoint)
- don’t worry about adding your username to the video (the “why” will be further explained below)
That’s pretty much the gist of the thing. Any contributing submissions can be sent via e-Mail to email@example.com ; be sure to include your Byte username in the body of the e-Mail, so that you can get credit for being “Fan of the Day” when your video is used. If there are any questions or further clarification needed, please do not hesitate to reach out using the address, as well.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing what people will submit and add to this ridiculous project