Android Release

Yes!! This is such an important issue. I really hope V2 will be the same on Android as it is on Apple

2 Likes

Yeah, I might resort to starting up my old iPhone and connecting it to Wi-Fi just in case…

Damn! i agree with you.

1 Like

Big agree with you… I will little disampointed when this app put on iOs then so long time put on android…

1 Like

Remember, it’s prob just Dom (maybe a few friends) working on v2. I think that dom will try to make the release dates as close together as possible, but they might not be exactly the same bc he has to program 2 apps in 2 different languages on 2 different programs. If one is first, I think it would be iOS bc dom tweeted a pic of the app being tested on his iPhone.

1 Like

As said above,

The app is being made on Xcode. Xcode supports only IOS MACOS WATCHOS (basically, apple) devices.

And, as far as I know (I’m not sure):
The app has to be be coded from NOTHING in a different software (and maybe, with a different language).

Basically. App on IOS and Android devices are different, but the content shown in them are the same.

1 Like

Similar to this thread (I dont know if it was answered)

Dom revealed he is also using GitHub for v2 in a photo on Twitter. Xcode apps are either made with Swift or Objective-C. (prob Swift cuz not a lot of ppl still use Objective-C) And android apps CANNOT be made with Xcode or Swift.

2 Likes

Hmmm true

If they won’t release it on the same day then I guess it won’t be as popular as it is supposed to be

2 Likes

I agree. There should be a release date that includes IOS and Android.

1 Like

Id literally buy an Ipod and return it once it was released on android :joy::joy:

2 Likes

What day are they releasing the app for android ?

Totally agree. it would suck for us, which would also be bad for them in the end… I really hope they’ve thought about this and won’t leave Android users out… Plus all the best creators I know use Android…

2 Likes

That’s the question lol.

Yeah,would be nice if this app launched at the same time for both of them, it’s really annoying being left out ,watching people use the app for months and having fun

1 Like

I’d honestly love for it to launch on the same day, though I have both and iPhone and an android so I planned to test the quality and upload on either depending on which is nice and more convenient. But i’m really hoping for a same day release as well honestly.

1 Like

Agreed! Great post.

1 Like

There’s a reason why iPhone versions of apps tend to be better than Android. There’s hundreds of different phones that run on Android compared to a few iPhone. It’s really difficult to engineer apps that respond to the different screen sizes of all those Android phones.

2 Likes

He’s using swift (asked for help in a tweet a few days ago).

2 Likes