- An opionion that I have about the byte forum

• there are many people here who are negative, they just want to complain about the ideas that other people make.
  • in this place where everyone is free to comment on any idea they have. there is no respect, people doesn’t like to respect ideas and they just dedicate themselves to complain about them.
4 Likes

People being people? That’s crazy!

7 Likes

i would like to say, that some adults here are acting like the petty girls that are 14-
like some of the gen z here are starting to act more mature than the way some of y’all are acting and chile anyways-

3 Likes

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people .

https://community.byte.co/faq#agreeable

You have to remember that, although this is a public space, it’s a “shared community resource” where you will receive feedback (especially in an #idea category). <- that particular place (aside from #critiques) I feel you should be prepared for, and open to, whatever feedback is given.

That can help your topic progress into a more detailed idea.

Understandable there are people who will reply that may not contribute to the topic, but thats when you, personally, have to take the initiative using the community moderation tools available to you.

10 Likes

Well yeah that’s the point of creating a platform for people to voice their opinions and ideas. But I’ve seen a lot more posts just goofing around rather than posts about byte.

But now this is a forum post complaining about forums posts and people.

Just read peoples ideas and know It’s ok not to agree with people. That’s how you form your own opinion. I’ve had many disagreements with people that I love on byte! It’s ok. Get to know some of these “adults” and you’ll realize they’re all good and wonderful people! We all just have hard opinions sometimes and I’m sure a lot of you will too once you get older.

8 Likes

Personally, I would much rather see the opinions of those who are willing to critique and find issues with the app. It’s one of the easiest ways to improve the app.

Speaking of which, Byte is still in its beta phase. There are A LOT of problems to be addressed and features still to be added. Bringing up those issues and critiquing the general direction of the app is a GOOD thing. Not everyone has to agree.

This is a public forum after all.

8 Likes

I stop by here every day so I’m wondering if you guys are talking about a different byte forum? I haven’t seen negative posts.

I’ve seen a lot of posts with harsh, deeply thought out, and well deserved constructive criticism.

1 Like

every time someone puts an idea, there are people who later criticize it without gaining anything, they only do it to annoy. no one can express their idea.
They are here only to say that everything seems wrong To them.
And they don’t gain anything.

1 Like

A lot of it is good criticism and it is harsh, but sometimes the way it is put out there is a little negative and actions taken around some of that seem a tad bit petty persay

3 Likes

but people deserve more respect when they give ideas, there are people here who are only to criticize and do not win anything.

2 Likes

Everyone is allowed to give constructive criticism and opinions on anything someone posts here or about Byte. Now, whether or not people share their opinions with respect to the other users, staff, etc is another question and I think it’s fair to say that has been an issue on the forums. The forums are a place for civil discussion and feedback. Civil.

7 Likes

I’ve being called toxic by some of the byte beta testers. Because I voiced my opinion and I stood up for the new byte users/friends. I know some people won’t agree with my opinion on what they can do to improve this Byte app. But what they do is. They like to take it on another level and start attacking the person who is voicing their opinion personally. Happen to me here and there good times :joy:. But seriously my guy. No matter if this community or any other community tries to shutdown your opinion or your ideas or even tries to be a complete a**hole to you. Don’t let them. Stand your ground and be a Man/Woman. Defend your opinion. The reason how things are able improve and involve. Is because of people like you the ones that aren’t yes men/women. If you’re the black sheep that isn’t able to fit in a certain group. In my book you’re doing something right. Anyways thats my little rant done. Don’t let this little experience discourage you from using byte. Trust me they’re many good people on the app as well.

2 Likes

Cybill.

7 Likes

THAT MADE ME LAUGH HARDER THAN IT SHOULD IMHjksfndljsjnJSNKLJD

2 Likes

@RodinBoi KEEP IT CYBILL!!!

4 Likes

LMAoSDJKNILSJAKOEPWL

1 Like

i don’t think anyone called you toxic in that discussion.

2 Likes

Did I say it was in that discussion? I said by some byte beta testers. Some of them are right up their own arses.

1 Like

I had spoken about that topic multiple times. On IG and on Snap. Some of the group members were beta testers. And when I did voice my opinion they didn’t agree with me and started to attack me personally. And had the nerve to call me toxic :joy: some people

1 Like