An important update

Earlier this week a member of our team, Jacob, was involved in an accident. He passed away Thursday morning. Our team is small: 6 people (now 5), and most of us have been working together for years. Losing our friend hurts a lot. The office is currently closed and will be for some time.

We had some updates planned for you this week, but they are going to be delayed. There are a number of things, first personal, then professional, that we need to get through before we can continue.

We love making Byte and we love you. For now, we’re asking for some time.

If you’d like to leave some words, I’m sure Jacob’s family would like to know about the community that was so excited and supportive about what he was working on.

141 Likes

That is so sad. I was wondering why it got so unusually quiet for a while. To his family and the team, please accept my deepest condolences. :frowning:

22 Likes

That is awful, my condolences go out to his family and the team. Please take as much time as you need! :heart: #ByteFam

21 Likes

That’s awful :slightly_frowning_face: deepest sympathies to his family and all of the team

18 Likes

We’ll continue to offer you guys our love and support.:heart: My condolences go out to his family, friends, and the team. #bytefam

17 Likes

This is truly awful, my deepest sympathies to his family and the team. Please take as much time as you need. :pray:t3:

16 Likes

Condolences to his family and to your team, don’t put work before this. We will always be here, we love the idea of the app but I think a lot of us love the team making it just as much.
Can’t imagine how difficult a time this is for you all, all the love in the world💛

23 Likes

My condolences to Jacobs family and the team. Take all the time you need and the community will always be here

17 Likes

:frowning: oh God… RIP , my prayers and condolences go out to his loved ones , the team and the family.

This is sad really really sad … :frowning: take your time… looks like this will be pushed to a 2020 release date (next year) .

I am shocked and shaken… :frowning:

14 Likes

Oh, man, I’m so sorry…

11 Likes

Thats awful news and im extremely sorry for you and staff’s loss :heart:

11 Likes

We will be thinking of Jacob’s family, you and your team. I’m so sorry for your loss. :heart:

16 Likes

Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend and colleague, Dom. Please take whatever time you need to mourn and recover from this tragedy. It’s so difficult when you lose someone you loved and cared for so quickly and without warning. My sincere condolences to you, the Byte team and Jacob’s family. :broken_heart:

14 Likes

I’m so very sorry for the loss that you all are going through, it’s a very toiling thing so we understand that all of you need time. If it helps any the Bible tells at Revelation 21:4 that one day death will be no more, I know the Bible encourages me greatly especially when I lose someone I cared for deeply, so hopefully this helps you as well. I truly appreciate every piece of work that’s been put into this, I look forward to to being apart of the app, and I appreciate Jacob’s part as well. My love and prayers go out to all of you in this trying time💜

14 Likes

:broken_heart:

10 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your close friend, Jacob. I hope you all, including his family members, get through this. Please take all the time you need. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Take your time and do what you need to do.
I am so sorry that this has happened.
Please accept my condolences to the team, his friends, and his family.

11 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your colleague. Byte can wait, but you guys should take as long as you need to recover from this. I send my condolences to you all and Jacobs family :purple_heart:

11 Likes

I’m so sorry about Jacob’s loss. Sending prayers to his family and you all on the Byte team <3

15 Likes

Jake we are strangers,but know you’re the best, it’s a big loss for us,rest in peace :pensive:

12 Likes