An important note about the byte partner program

With the byte partner program around the corner, I think something very serious needs to be a requirement for it. I see so many people running like 5+ accounts just reposting content from YT, vine, TikTok, etc and not making any original content. In my opinion, I believe these accounts should not be eligible for the program or else it will incentivize people to make several accounts and spam old reused content on them for a profit. Overall, people who make original content should be the only ones accepted into the program if we wanna keep byte fresh and not just a bunch of shitposts.

30 Likes

i kinda agree, byte’s goal is creativity so it would be a good idea

7 Likes

Agreed.

7 Likes

I agree it’s annoying that people are getting views and follows for other people’s content

7 Likes

This was my worry as well. I hope the Byte team verifies their partners, or else we’ll just get hundreds of accounts digging into old vines/youtube clips spamming vids.

5 Likes

Agreeed

4 Likes

I agree with this as well. From what it sounds like the Byte team will be going through and picking out who will be making revenue, at least to begin with, so it shouldn’t be a problem (as long as they know their vines lol).

6 Likes

I am glad everyone agrees with this I hope @dom takes this into consideration.

3 Likes

Agreed, didn’t wanna write this b/c of amount of backlash. Glad you said it first, but I think it’s unfair for those who repost “old viral videos” and gain advantage of the trending page / likes / views etc.

4 Likes

I agree with this 100%. The creators on this app who put the time and effort into editing videos specifically for byte should be valued and eligible for the partner program! Not the people who are RE-POSTING from the vine days and youtube, etc.

2 Likes

That what I like about this app creativity & originality I was never on vine so this is a complete learning curve …totally agree👍🏻

1 Like

honestly i love the accounts who repost old funny clips lol, its like twitter. i know bytes whole thing is creativity and stuff but if i am being honest i use the app for entertainment. i really don’t care if someone spent 3 hours on something or 5 minutes whatever is funny to me is funny.

but they shouldn’t be monotized

1 Like