An idea for small accounts

What if For featured post every Sunday or something the main posts showed could be just small accounts or some thing like that. Itcould be a way for everyone to get a chance at the spotlight. It’s just an idea though. :thinking::laughing::laughing:

8 Likes

I commented this on a different thread awhile ago, but an idea I had is that smaller accounts could get featured on a special page kind of like the ‘Discover’ page on Instagram. Basically, pages that share the same humor and or interests as you would get suggested via the Discover page and it’s a win-win because unknown pages get some exposure and you find some new pages that share the same style as you. So if you like let’s say sports and relatable comedy small and or large pages would be featured on your discover pages so you can find people to follow and smaller pages to collab with. Let’s say you make edits and do singing videos, small pages who post similar content would be suggested and you could collab, and there would be some large pages for you to follow as well. Just an idea!

5 Likes

I think that would be a good idea I was just thinking about that because not many 100- accounts get features or showed and it would be nice to see smaller accountsize shown

1 Like

I have some thoughts about this that could help with smaller accounts:

The algorithms for the Discover page would need to take viewer traffic, post relevance, specialization or source (is it from a Team or not), and user stats (post regularity, spam-free content and niche audiences) into consideration

Somewhere in these factors a small user can find a way to grow

1 Like

You have a point🤔

And small users can apply to be on this page, if eligible, which we can figure out

1 Like

Yeah good idea :smiley:

But, What do you mean for small accounts? How many followers?

1 Like

Maby 300 less?

yess! back when I actually used Smule, they had a feature similar to that and it really helped small accounts

2 Likes

Some larger users can have their own section on the ‘Discovery’ page while the “Uprising Artists” feature new usersbased on geolocation

1 Like

I like it! There’s so much talent out there, some times it’s difficult to find! It would be a great way to discover new stuff!

1 Like

Like you said on the discover page there should be categorys on the top and there could be one that’s like ex. Featured, upcoming artist, trends and ect.

Funny you should mention categories, my most liked comment was suggesting a Memes category :sweat_smile: (originally dank memes, but there should be a category for memes in general)

1 Like

And yes, a diverse array of categories would help people discover more.

Now the question is how will these be organized? We all know the calamity that was Snapchat’s update, but I feel there is a better design for discovering new content without burying the type of content you’re keen to

1 Like

Well they could always do tags but not everyone does them. So what if like before you post it asked what category/s the vid should be in. Like comedy, arts, talent, dank memes​:laughing: and then if your a smaller account it automatically registers and puts you in the one for small accounts.:laughing:

1 Like

Selecting your category of choice is something I was thinking about earlier! Nice input

1 Like

I think smaller should also include activity, not only following.

1 Like

Oh I for got about that good idea. :laughing:

It’s cool knowing were on the same page. :grinning:

1 Like