Am I wrong? I think Byte will make the name "Tik Tok" irrelevant

I think Byte is going to Surpass Tik Tok by such a wide margin that tik tok will be COMPARATIVELY irrelevant. Am I totally wrong in believing this?

6 Likes

I mean it’s totally cool to wish that would happen. But in reality things like that don’t happen as Tik Tok will always be a part of the day to day culture as it is a niche for a certain group of people. Just like when Instagram launched Ig tv it was supposed to “kill YouTube” but in reality it just became a platform for people to upload longer videos to Instagram meanwhile YouTube is still going strong doing it’s own thing. These days people don’t just stick to one thing anymore because you wanna live life not be closed to it.

10 Likes

None of those points could I say are false. There are other variables: Management, Timing, Learning from what is happening, leveraging the being small and adaptable versus being large and hard to adapt. So much I can say. Another time. You are not wrong on any of your points.

5 Likes

well yeah that’s true too.

5 Likes

Both apps can coexist it doesn’t have to be a competition…

8 Likes

You Joined “Jan 21, '18” Impressive!. I have not seen what you have seen that is for sure. My view comes more from being on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin. So impressive your time being on here. Wow! Jan 21st, 2018. Impressive.

3 Likes

Although they have surface level similarities, I think the vibes and communities of the two apps are so vastly different that they’ll never be direct competitors.

6 Likes

Yeah I think your view is unrealistic. I think an appropriate analogy is if a startup was to beat Microsoft.

Byte will likely do well, but TikTok truly is a giant. 1.5 billion downloads, 500 to 800 million daily users depending on which stats site you use.

The thing about TikTok is it currently feels like “anyone can do it”

6 Likes

Let’s hope Byte and TikTok co-exist - that means both are successful in a very competitive “social media” app arena. TikTok has grew to scale and is a thing now, unless some governmental ordinance stops it cause it’s a Chinese own company (ByteDance).

I have high hopes for Byte or else I (or we) won’t be on here. It does fill the shorter-short form video niche.

I’m thumbs up for co- existence cause I’m on both platforms, each fulfills a certain need or format. But it’s my opinion and others might have others perspective and we just got to respect everyone’s motivation and intentions.

:blush::sparkling_heart: Henry

6 Likes

________ of Tik Tok is the equivalent of Bill Gates of Microsoft. I do not think that blank is easily filled.

2 Likes

I just did a Byte asking Bill Gates to get a Byte account and asking him to share video Bytes here. I think Bill needs to share Bytes to help mankind. What do you think?

2 Likes

Byte isn’t available on a Windows phone OS

2 Likes

I think he has an Iphone. I love the way that you think things through so quickly Henry. hahahaha.

1 Like

Did you know when the windows phone came out, they paid me to port apps on the windows OS?

2 Likes

I know now but did not know 5 minutes ago.

1 Like

I laugh when I see TT. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Nah nah bro. TIKTOK? NAH NAH MORE LIKE :b:IK :b:OK LMAOOOOO

2 Likes

Personally, bruh, I feel like they both could exist in the same town at the same time.
Tho they are both for entertainment, TikTok is defo mostly music based and that ain’t goin outta style any time soon, and Byte is more like a mixture of everything right now, in bite sized pieces.
I dont think one is gonna take down the other because they’re both kinda offering very different things, bruv.
I dunno :woman_shrugging:t5:. I see it as it being like Netflix compared to YouTube.

3 Likes

Well stated - lots of purist on here though :blush: